Trust To Take Saints RB Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 7, 2010.

1. The Heisman Trophy Trust is expected to strip former University of Southern California star running back Reggie Bush of college football's top honor by the end of September, according to sources. Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the award to have the trophy taken away. The NCAA found major violations in the Trojans' football program in June and levied serious sanctions against the school. Two sources close to the Heisman trust said the body's investigation is coming to a close, and will ultimately concur with the NCAA's determination that Bush was ineligible during his Heisman-winning season in 2005. Because of that independent conclusion, sources said the trust will relieve Bush of the award and leave the honor for that season vacant.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  2. That's what happens when you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar.....

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated. It's stupid. Nothing he did off the field influenced his play on the field. He didn't cheat the game, USC did

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think stripping him of the Heisman trophy is a little too much, I doubt he really cares, but the Heisman trophy is won on the field not off of it.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

They are just doing what little they can to punish him. Of course it doesn't change much, but it does jacked his trophy cabinet and history of the record books.

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

im sure whenever he feels down about his heisman loss, he could always check out his bank account and slip on his superbowl ring

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Sure but maybe it will be filled with a little regret in knowing he could have had both. All depends on how much he values his legacy and his trophies.

8. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

The NCAA needs to be more pro-active in finding issues like these. To not figure something out while its happening is bad enough, but to have consequences 4 years later is ridiculous. With all the money the NCAA and colleges make with these sports programs, which none of it goes to the athletes, they should at least police the game properly so they are on top of problems.

1 person likes this.
  9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this is a bit surprising but i was more surprised the heisman trust DIDN'T take away O.J.'s trophy when he was found guilty in his civil suit ............. although that was unrelated to football so I guess Bush would have been better off if he had just cut a snitch instead of accepting money/gifts to play football ......................

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

It's not like the guy cheated on the field, seems pointless really.

This news will satisfy Pro-Vince supporters who back in 2005/6 were so far up his arse it was almost unreal.

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Lucky the only football player that ever took money from agents or their reps got caught. This crap doesn't happen in college sports. Oh wait, it does happen. Bush hecked himself when he took benefits from an agent and then signed with a different agent. If he didn't no one would have been the wiser. Whose fault is this? Everyones. Bush for taking it, the agent for giving it and the college system for making almost impossibe not to cheat.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Gotta love a hypocritical scenario. :icon_smile:

Just let it go, boys....