Twins Recall Francisco Liriano

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Link

Liriano is a HUGE upgrade over Livan Hernandez.

Ugh.......:anger:

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

That boy can flat out pitch. Before he blew his arm out, he was unhittable,and I don't care who you were. Sounds like he's not back quite a 100%, but Hernandez sucked, so you are right this is a huge upgrade. Good move bringing him up.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Well it's about friggin time.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

He's been tearing it up here in Roch. About time.

5. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

6 scoreless innings, 3BB, 6K's. Twins win 6-2, move into 1st place. :icon_cheesygrin:

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Enjoy it because it won't last long.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Its only a matter of time with that dude

8. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

OK.....meaning what?

Again.....meaning what?

BTW....what's with the gray Twins post icon?? Gray is not even a team color......:icon_neutral:

9. DaBearsrule4ever

As in the Twins being 1 game back now. LOL

10. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Yeah. Hilarity.....:icon_rolleyes:

I could say the same thing to you tomorrow.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

We'll see, lol.

12. mike oxlong

it's a matter of time before he crumbles

13. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Again.....meaning? Inject a little knowledge in your comment(s) for once.

14. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Lasted well enough through yesterday too.

15. mike oxlong

for once, are you serious? I offer lots of knowledge to my posts, when necessary. Liriano's history precedes himself and for me that means it's only a matter of time before he sucks it up again. I didn't win the Joe Montana award last month because I don't put knowledge with my posts.

How many awards have you won for your posts you tool

Your posts are mostly of the flame variety I have noticed.

He gave up 3 runs in 5 innings, whoa lookout baseball. I fully expect Liriano to return to scrub status.

16. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Internet awards. Whoa. You win at life!! :icon_rolleyes:

Scrub status? When was he ever "scrub" status? Was it......two years ago? When he was 12-2, with an ERA under 2, and had 144 Ks in only 121 innings pitched, before needing Tommy John? Was it going 10-0 in AAA over the past couple months? When was a guy who was a lock for ROTY, so much so he was being talked about as winning ROTY AND Cy Young, a scrub? How can one return to a status one was never at? Curious.

They say it takes a full season, maybe longer, to fully recover from TJ surgery. It hasn't been a full year yet and he's already showing signs of returning to the dominance he displayed in 2006. But, yeah.....good call on the "scrub.' Maybe that'll get you another Internet award.

Can you print those off and put them on the fridge, or do you have to bring your Internet girlfriend from Poland directly to this site to show them off? In the event I *fingers crossed* win one some day, I want to know.

17. mike oxlong

it was more to show that I do bring knowledge to my posts, but it would figure that you would take it as something else. You are nothing but a flamer

He became a scrub when he had the tommy john surgery. oooh he was good in triple A, you know how many people who do well at triple A suck in the majors. I have seen no signs of dominance, I have seen that he is able to make it through 5 innings, but I would hardly call that dominance. LMAO

I have seen flamers like you before and I love how as soon as I prove you wrong, you start getting personal and quickly jump to the - look at the big man on the internet crap

You are a joke to me dude and that last post proves it beyond any doubt. Instead of engaging, you start flaming. LOL

Again, my point for you, in case you missed it again, was that I do bring quality to my posts, something you rarely do. Why don't you scan my posts and see if I made a spelling error. That is the best when a guy online starts spewing crap about being big on the internet, while you in fact are on the internet too. DUH!!! LMAO!!!! again

I think it's time for your nap kiddo, you got a little cranky. maybe you should bring some knowledge to your posts, for once :icon_cheesygrin:

18. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

There's no place for personal attacks in here, so let's cut the "there's no knowledge in your posts" and "well, you're FSUViking" crap out. The latter is how most of the flame wars start anyway. A sort of Catch-22.

As for Liriano, I don't see how you can call him a scrub. In his first game back, he threw 6 innings of 3 hit ball. That outing and his last start probably would have been longer, but they're obviously going to watch his pitch count coming off of an injury. He's posted a WHIP of 1.27 in his 2 games and that is with the inflated walks you expect to see from anyone working their way back into ML action. Soon enough his strikeout/walk ratio will get back to where it was two years ago and then you will see how dominant he can be. I fully expect him to be one of the premier strikeout pitchers in the AL again next year.

19. mike oxlong

I disagree, He seemed to be laboring in yesterday's game. I only said it's a matter of time before he crumbles and I am entitled to that opinion, it was flameboy who started with the attacking.

If someone wants to make it personal, I'm gonna smack back. If I was a mod it would be different, but I'm not, so it's fair game.

point taken though, I doubt however you will reach FSU with your request.

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

No one's saying you're not entitled to your opinion, we're just disagreeing and debating with you. I don't feel that laboring means a pitcher is going to crumble. Especially in their second start. A lot of pitchers throw 100 pitches in 6 innings. Had he not been on a pitch count, he probably would have finished off the inning and recorded a second straight quality start.

As for the personal attacks, it doesn't matter who started them, they just need to stop. And there is no such thing as "fair game" outside of the Fight Club.