Twins Recall Francisco Liriano

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Aug 1, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I hear ya dawk, so move the posts if you have to.

btw, you are disagreeing and debating, FSU was not, he was upset that I disagreed with him and took it to a personal level. I wouldn't include myself in a group with FSU, he was not doing what you are at all.

2. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

How would you know? You haven't done that yet.

Ah, on the contrary. I posted a wonderful blend of facts and insults. Worked both into the post quite well.

Your first three posts in this thread consisted of "he sucks." Wow. Tim McCarver? Is that you?

You say I started insulting you? Well....I believe I asked for greater depth than "he sucks" about three times. I also posted an entire paragraph of FACTS and stats about Liriano.

I may be on the Internet too (any more wisdom to bestow on us?) but I'm not the one starting threads with "well I have Internet awards and you don't." as if that validates your "he sucks because I say so" opinion.

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

When Liriano is rolling, he's nasty.

4. mike oxlong

What Liriano does when he is on ecstasy is his own business

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Dawk????:laughy32:

You can have your opinion that he's gonna break down or whatever.....you're calling him a scrub is probably where you go way out on a limb. At no point has he ever been a scrub nor is he now.

6. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Just like to point out that the "scrub" Liriano is 4-0 with an ERA of 1.32 since his call-up. :icon_cool:

7. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

No surprise. He's a great pitcher. Enjoy him well you have him, because when his contract rolls around,you won't be able to afford him.

8. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

That's not for awhile yet, and I wouldn't even go that far. Johan left because he WANTED to, not because the Twins couldn't afford him. They offered him a very nice deal, close to $100m but he wanted to go to New York. The Twins pony up to keep the people they need to (ie. Morneau, Mauer, and Nathan). If Liriano wants to stay here the Twins will pay him.

9. mike oxlong

2 of his last 3 starts were absolutely horrendous, 6 runs to the freaking Royals, LMAO!!!

10. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Royals played good ball in the end.

11. mike oxlong

yeah, but if he won that game, they would be in the playoffs right now. He collapsed and choked at the end, much like I predicted.

12. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Wow. Go heck yourself, you spineless chicken crap. You don't say a freaking word until he loses and then you sing and dance like a goober acting like you just discovered electricity.

As you predicted? Really? He was 5-1 with an ERA under 3 since he was called up and the bullpen blew his last three starts. Where were you then? Huh? Biding your time, fingers crossed that something would happen for you to come and crow about something minor and make it something big.

What the heck ever....:icon_rolleyes:

13. mike oxlong

1 good start in his last 3, 14 runs in the other 2, hardly the bullpens fault

8-1 loss to the royals where he gave up 6 runs in 4 innings, was hardly the bullpens fault. I didn't have to bide my time, Liriano showed his true colors in the clutch.

14. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

No, actually, he didn't. But you act like he stole your lunch money so everything he does that isn't on par with Sandy Koufax and Nolan Ryan, you take the opportunity to crap on him.

Which, like you, is freaking pathetic.

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Liriano was still recovering from TJS.

Cut him some slack. That's tough to comeback from.

He'll be good as new in 09.

16. mike oxlong

All I know is, that if he dominates instead of giving up 6 runs in 4 innings then the twins are in the playoffs and not the white sox.

cry all you want. Your baseless insults are nothing more than a means to make me laugh.

17. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Nobody is crying. My insults towards you are standing on a strong, solid foundation.

You're an even bigger tool than normal if you think it was all on him that they lost.

18. mike oxlong

wah wah wahhhh, lmao!!!

19. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Wow. :lol:

Kids at a daycare are capable of more intelligent conversation than you are. Even the ones eating paste and sleeping in a pool of spilled milk.

20. mike oxlong

I think it's been proven that I was right about this guy. I guess the search feature is working because I was finally able to find this thread.

----The Twins don't have a whole lot of options, but Liriano has been shaky in recent weeks and is 4-11 with a 5.63 ERA on the year. "We're talking about a lot of different things," said manager Ron Gardenhire.

In danger of losing spot in rotation

Around the Majors » Blog Archive » Postgame: Liriano on verge of losing rotation spot

I knew his days as a dominating pitcher were over. Too bad FSU is banned and is not here to eat crow.