UFC 88 Play By Play

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by hermhater, Sep 6, 2008.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

OK guys.

Here it is.

Less than one hour before the fights.

Prelims are happening now, does anyone have any news on them?

:yahoo:

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I need a link or a Channel on TVU, on the normal channel, 61886, they are showing some years old match

I can't find it on Justin TV either.

here is the link to justin Tv and it says not broadcasting

Justin.tv - UFC 88 Live - Live Streaming Video

does that only say not broadcasting because it hasn't started yet?

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well the PPV doesn't start until 8:30 Central time, so they always show old fights before the actual fights start.

I'm searching for another link.

Try this link:

Justin.tv - UFC 88 www.chavster.ulmb.com - Live Streaming Video

They're not broadcasting yet, but I think they are showing it when it starts.

Oh, you found it.

Didn't see your post.

:icon_redface:

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

yes. If it aint started there is no tv.

Ill get to my contacts for the prelims

5. mike oxlong

your justin TV link is a different link than mine and both of them say loading

6. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

UPDATE

Tim Boetsch defeats Mike Patt via TKO (Strikes) Round 1
    Jason MacDonald defeats Jason Lambert via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) Round 2
    Ryo Chonan defeats Roan Carneiro via Split Decision

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The one that I posted is showing a history of Chuck Liddell now.

MacDonald is a pretty badass dude.

8. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

TIM BOETSCH VS. MIKE PATT

ROUND 1 Both fighters throw wild punches early but nothing finds its mark. Boetsch lands a stiff jab and Patt shoots for a takedown. Boetsch dodges then locks up with Patt. They separate and both fighters throw more punches. Boetsch drops Patt to the canvas with a big right and finishes him off with more punches on the ground that force the referee to intervene.

Tim Boetsch def. Mike Matt via TKO - Round 1, 2:03

JASON LAMBERT VS. JASON MACDONALD

ROUND 1 MacDonald connects with punches early than takes Lambert to the ground. Lambert briefly has a guillotine choke but MacDonald escapes and works ground and pound from Lamberts guard. MacDonald continues to connect with a mix of strikes from the top. Lambert secures a deep guillotine late in the round but MacDonald holds on. MMAFrenzy.com scores the round 10-9 MacDonald.

ROUND 2 MacDonald and Lambert exchange big punches to open the second then MacDonald again takes Lambert to the ground. MacDonald moves to mount and Lambert gives up his back. MacDonald gets a body triangle then secures a rear naked choke that forces Lambert to tap out at 1:20 of the second.

Jason MacDonald def. Jason Lambert via submission (rear naked choke) - Round 2, 1:20

ROAN CARNEIRO VS. RYO CHONAN

ROUND 1 Carneiro tries to take Chonan down early but he sprawls and avoids the takedown. Carneiro pulls guard and they exchange on the ground. Carneiro tries for a triangle then transitions to an omoplata but Chonan escapes. Carneiro passes to side control and works ground and pound before Chonan gets back to his feet. They trade punches before the opening round comes to an end. MMAFrenzy.com scores the round 10-9 Carneiro.

ROUND 2 The fighters trade shots then Carneiro trips to the canvas and Chonan moves into his guard. Chonan works ground and pound from the top and presses his opponent against the cage but Carneiro limits the damage as Chonan holds on to the position for the majority of the frame. MMAFrenzy.com scores the round 10-9 Chonan.

ROUND 3 Carneiro shoots in for a takedown but Chonan remains on his feet. Carneiro again pulls guard but quickly tries to return to his feet. Chonan connects with a knee to the body then Carneiro stands back up. Carneiro gets Chonan to the mat and starts to work from his guard. Theres little action on the ground and the fighters eventually return to their feet. Another takedown attempt by Carneiro is stuffed by Chonan, who reverses Carneiro to the mat. Chonan closes out the round with some late punches. MMAFrenzy.com scores the round 10-9 Chonan and the fight 29-28 Chonan.

Ryo Chonan def. Roan Carneiro via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)

9. mike oxlong

I am getting some choppy video

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I am as well, so I switched to TVU and the video quality is crap.

I might have to end up buying this one dammit.

11. mike oxlong

sorry HH, that link you posted just isn't working for me, neither is the one that I posted. Did it start already? or does it start in a half an hour?

12. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

[​IMG]

10 PM

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Starts at 9 I think.

They are still showing the lead up to the fights.

Yeah that link just stopped working for me too.

I will keep looking for a better feed, because TVU is looking like crap right now.

14. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

[​IMG]

10 PM!!!!!

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This one is working, but kind of choppy.

Online TV

10PM eastern 9PM central.

16. mike oxlong

my TVU picture actually is looking pretty good

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well I broke down and ordered the PPV.

This fight is too big to watch a crapty feed.

11 minutes.

18. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Guys On Sopcast go on MMA Tv and the Quality is perfect

but no sound

19. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

It starts at 10 est right?

20. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Exact Media