UFC Champ Brock Lesner Seriously Ill In The Hospital

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SRW, Nov 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

UFC Heavyweight Champion Lesnar seriously ill in hospital

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Last rumor I heard was that it might be H1N1...

I don't like the guy as an athlete, but damn I hope he gets his health back.

Get better Brock.

3. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

This sucks

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

You don't like him because he came to the UFC and got an early title shot... none of that is his fault. You can't stand a professional wrestler dominating the UFC,or the fans that come with it like me, admit it.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Admit it?

I've stated that on numerous occasions.

I don't like his attitude either though.

6. Crowned

fair enough, I just think it's crapty reasoning.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

How is it crapty reasoning?

Dana is trying to grow the sport too fast.

I'm glad there are more fans coming to the sport for whatever reason, but not all of them are as knowledgeable as you, and a LOT of them are just straight up ignorant and obnoxious.

8. Crowned

I just wanted to quote your name and change it and couldn't think of anything else to put. :icon_lol:. You watching 105 right now?

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No, I have to work on Saturdays now, so I won't see it until I get home and find a replay.

Freaking sucks butt too, because I already saw who won the Couture/Vera fight by searching for more news about Brock.

:grumpy:

10. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

:wave::dork::confused::word13::wavebye:

1 person likes this.
  11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I hope he comes out of this okay. He's a great athlete with not a great personality to like. However, I love to watch this guy fight. I don't have to like an athlete to appreciate talent.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Sounds really bad hope he doesent die from whatever he has.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

You're alright Roy...

Same here TD.

I guess I can elaborate a little bit on why I don't like Brock in the UFC.

I've said this many times before, but it's usually in the Fight Night threads, so it gets buried.

In order to get MMA sanctioned the UFC basically gave the sport to the wrestlers with the rule changes.

And then to have this MOUNTAIN of a guy come in and take advantage of that without having to learn the other disciplines is just crapty.

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Good luck Brock. Sorry to hear this.

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

So far I haven't seen all the glamor WWE guys get involved in this. First of all there is a lot more involved in the UFC than rassling especially conditioning. Remember as far as Brock, he is one of the top wrestlers in the world vs rassling. He did the WWE thing for the money, but hated it. He belongs in the UFC, because he is that type of guy vs the Hollywood rassling type. He enjoys beating on people for real without a script.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I know, and that was my whole point.

The rule changes favored the wrestlers so much that it basically gave the sport to them and took away a lot of what made it so entertaining.

Plus the fact that the wrestlers are so good at cutting weight they are usually a LOT bigger than their opponents.

Like you said, there is so much more to MMA than rassling, and the rule changes have taken so much of that out of the cage/ring.

17. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

The ground and pound has always been effective used by wrestlers like Hughes, however, the other guys have just had to work harder on their ground games to counter. When they are able to do that, they are able to bring their game to the inexperienced wrestlers with success. Look at Meer taking out the overconfident Lesner with a heel lock. Forced Brock to work harder in practice, and he did. Brock is a bit of a freak in the first place because of his quickness in a Gorilla body, that is not musclebound at all. What rule changes are you talking about because I've seen guys fighting like Brock for a lot of years. Granted most are lighter weights.

18. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The biggest advantage they gave to the wrestlers was taking away strikes to the back of the head.

Once that was gone they were free to shoot at will.

19. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Sounds like Brock is in pretty serious shape. Some natural speculation on HIV, but I don't think that would come on that quick. With all the blood flying around in these matches I assume that fighters are tested regularly for HIV. However, I bet sparring partners aren't.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I was wondering more if it wasn't Hepatitis or something.