United States Men Make History With Victory In Mexico

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, Aug 15, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

MEXICO CITY -- Michael Orozco Fiscal scored in the 80th minute, giving the United States its first-ever win at Mexico with a 1-0 victory in an exhibition Wednesday night. Brek Shea, who entered two minutes earlier, went down the left flank and around Severo Meza. Shea, back with the national team after being dropped for six months, crossed to Terrence Boyd. He made a quick backheel pass to Orozco Fiscal, who had entered in the 77th. Orozco Fizcal, who plays in Mexico for San Luis, kicked the ball past goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa for his first international goal. The U.S. had been 0-23-1 against El Tri in 75 years of games at Mexico, including 0-19-1 in the thin air at altitude in Mexico City's Azteca Stadium -- where they have been outscored 81-14.

Source: ESPN

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Just the reality check we needed after the olympic gold, and focus again in the upcoming world cup qualifiers.

Besides, I find it hillarious that half the players in the US team are mexicans :lol:

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Good night to be a USA fan

Good game

Tim Howard had two great saves to,preserve the win

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Omen

Not true Mexican they were born in the USA

Jose Torres, Herculez Gomez, Edgar Castillo, Michael Orozco Fiscal and Joe Corona were all born and raised in the U.S.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, well, they play as locals in the mexican league, which is bullcrap...

And most of them were cut from El Tri before being called by US Soccer...a man's trash is another man's treausre, I guess...

6. Omen

Dude don't hate y'all lost deal with it.....your mad bc they play in the liga

Chicharito plays for Manchester what's the difference,,,,,maybe I'm missing something

Y'all have beat us plenty

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, Chicharito plays in England as a foreigner...

In the mexican league, teams are limited to 5 foreigners. But these dudes play as mexicans, effectively blocking younger mexican players. That is just not fair. If they play internationally for the U.S., they should use a foreigner spot.

And I'm ok with the loss. As I said before, it will help us regain focus. Every time this country wins something (like the olympic gold) everybody starts talking about how the next step is winning the World Cup...I'd rather crash back to earth now than a year from now when we're barely making it to the cup...

8. Omen

Ok I get it

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

'grats

till it becomes a trend, ill not get overly excited

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

how many americans actually care about soccer?

11. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Me. And its nice to get a win.

12. Omen

More than you think

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Many more they aren't extremely vocal at least in my experience because US Soccer doesn't have the greatest track record, but they are there.

14. Omen

Screw that good or bad I'm vocal and don't give a heck

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a good amount of people that care about USA soccer and a lot, A LOT of younger kids care about soccer. It's definitely on the upswing imo...

16. Omen

I agree

My cousin in Texas has year round soccer school. He does very well for himself.

17. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man