Unsigned QB Drew Brees Responds To Brash Saints Rookie

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Sweets, May 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Drew Brees has a bit more incentive to rejoin his New Orleans Saints teammates ... and we mean, just a little. Saints rookie CB Corey White said after being drafted, "It's going to be fun picking off some balls from Drew Brees (in practice)"I am real confident in my game. You have to be confident to play this game." White participated in the team's rookie minicamp over the weekend but didn't get a chance to hunt passes from Brees, who remains unsigned (though he likely wouldn't have attended the rookie sessions anyway). Yet Brees is looking forward to his first encounter with the brash fifth rounder, tweeting Friday: "To my guy Corey White. Love your confidence, but I will throw 10 over your head for every 1 time you get me. Make sure you're workin!" Brees is currently saddled with a one-year, $14.4 million franchise tag, though he doesn't plan to sign that tender or play for a salary well below what QBs Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are earning. If Brees and the Saints don't reach a long-term deal by July 16, he'll be forced to either play for the tender amount or sit out the season.

Source: USAToday