UPDATED 1ST ROUND

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mouse, Apr 18, 2008.

1. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Samuel and Brown are both pretty young now. If you're gonna draft a corner for depth and grooming, you don't do it in the first round.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

you obviously don't know the Eagles draft strategy in the Reid era

3. Roque

Roque BANNED

Or much else for that matter......

4. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Jenkins would be about 25 by the time he has a chance to start if he's lucky (I've not idea how long Sheldon Browns contract last for). 4 years is alot of time and money to go to waste.

5. mike oxlong

First off, he would play right away in nickel and with the spread offense so rampant, he would get plenty of playing time. The Eagles had 2 pro bowl corners when they used their first 3 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2002 draft to take Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brown, and Michael Lewis in 2002

Vincent was 30, Taylor was 28 at the time. Lito is 27 and Sheldon is 28, does that look like a similar situation to you. Both Brown and Sheppard were starting in 1 season, not 4.

The Eagles value DB's extremely high and I would like them to take Phillips at 19, but CB is far from out of the question

6. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Yes, the spread offense is becoming more used, but not a whole lot of teams that the Eagles face regurlary use it. I never realised Brown was so old. I still don't think that they'll take a CB in the first round. Phillips may be a good pick though.

7. mike oxlong

teams the Eagles face may not be the ones that employ it the most, but the Eagles play a ton of nickel defense regardless. like I said we had 2 pro bowl corners when we draft Brown and Sheppard and they were both starting in a year.

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

mouse, what QB do you see us taking?

9. mouse

mouse Starter

PHILLIPS IS DEFINITELY A POSSIBILITY AS WELL FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD, I THINK THAT IS A LITTLE HIGH FOR HIM THOUGH.

HARD TO SAY. SEEMS LIKE THEY HAVE SHOWN THE MOST INTEREST IN FLACCO. I'D PREFER BROHM MYSELF.

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Him or Brohm would be fine for me.

11. mouse

mouse Starter

AT BEST I THINK WE CAN HOPE FOR ONLY 1 OOUT OF THOSE TWO OR HENNE BEING AVAILABLE TO US IN THE 2ND. I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE THEM ALL GONE THOUGH. I CAN'T SEE JA TRADIN UP EITHER SO IT WILL PROBABLY BE A MIND ROUNDER FOR US LIKE ANDRE WOODSON OR JOSH JOHNSON.

12. bkbill76

bkbill76 Starter

yaayyyy raiders