UPDATED MOCK AND RANKINGS

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by mouse, Feb 1, 2008.

1. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Ryan will need as much time to learn a new system as most rookies QB's so Redman will probably be starting at the tsart of the season - also go look at Redman's stats after Petrino went... - Qb is a large need, but its not the biggest need. And when one of our biggest needs has 2 top 7 projections why the hell would you not take one? GOOD QB's are available in the 2/3rd, as it would seem Woodson will drop, Henne, Flacco all have that grade.

you made it sound like his INT total is irrelevant, tell me what ones do you think are more important that can make you think his 19INT's are a major problem.

2. mouse

mouse Starter

THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD RB'S AND LINEMAN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE 2ND AND 3RD ROUNDS TOO. QB JUST HAPPENS TO TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION FOR THEM IMO AS FAR AS BUILDING THEIR FRANCHISE. NO MATTER WHO THEY TAKE THERE, THEY HAVE A LONG WAYS TO GO.

I DIDN'T MAKE HIS INT TOTAL SOUND IRRELEVANT, THAT WAS A RESPONSE TO YOU SAYING IT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERED.

RYAN JUST TRIES TO DO TO MUCH AT TIMES AND PUT SOME BALLS IN SOME TIGHT PLACES. HE MAKES HIS PROGRESSIONS REALLY WELL AND SPREADS THE BALL AROUND. A LARGE PART OF THAT COULD ALSO BE FROM A PRETTY BIG LACK OF TALENT AROUND HIM.

AS FAR AS OTHER NEGATIVES ABOUT HIM THERE ISN'T A LOT. ARM STRENGTH IS ON THE PLUS SIDE, SIZE IS GREAT, MECHANICS ARE SUPERB, FOOTWORK IS OUTSTANDING, HE'S EXCELLENT AT MOVING AND SLIDING AROUND THE POCKET, THROWING ON THE RUN, ALL THE INTANGIBLES ARE THERE, GREAT LEADER, AND TOUGH AS HELL. FOR A TEAM LOOKING TO BUILD A FRANCHISE BACK UP AND ONE THAT NEEDS A QB BADLY, HE'S AN EXCELLENT PROSPECT TO GO WITH.

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

imade the point about his INT's because as im sure you will agree, that is a scary amount in a poor conference for a want to be top 5 pick. You say he trys to do to much, i must agree, but if he takes that attitude with him to the NFL he will have those 19 picks, plus more because the standard of opposition are better so some of the passes that maybe only got knocked down or the DB missed a play will be picked of in the NFL. that more than anything scares me about this kid, as i can't see nay indication as to why he will get rid of this mentality. And for me that is why Brohm will be the safest QB pick in the 1st round.

Yes there are some good lineman in the 2nd and 3rd round, but Dorsey and Ellis are both freaks, the 2nd/3rd round guys can't even touch them.
    compare this to say the differnee in Henne and Ryan and it is a mile apart. Henne looks to me like a really very good pro prospect, he was statistically poor this year but that is alot to do with his injury, and he showed atthe pro-bowl his leadership and ability and shined as the top QB there.

Any QB wont do crap here with this offense line anyway, so assuming we take a DT with our 1st, the LT position needs a make over badly,Ryan,Henne,Brohm any QB even Dixon or Josh Johnson wont do much behind here they let people through like turnstyles.
    So while QB is a need, imo it isn't the biggest need, and it isnt one where you can get the best value at at the #3-5 spot no matter who you are in this draft.

4. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

stewart to the texans? hell yea!