Vbookie Question

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by cris80, Nov 24, 2009.

1. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Has there ever been any discussion about having the NFL vbookie events be setup against the spread, instead of just using the odds? Don't get me wrong, it's a fun diversion, I've just always like the spread bets more.

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

It used to be like that but I think they killed it because people were able to bet both sides at times and win money either way. I hope I'm wrong though because only letting a person bet once (like now?) would have solved that problem.

I like spread beats better also. The way it is now just makes me think baseball but it's still cool.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Olly runs the NFL book. He prefers the ML bets over the spread.

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Had nothing to do with it SoDev.

It's up to the bookie, how he set up the bets. I never really used the spread and going to continue with "winner only" bets, sorry

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Okay, good to know.

6. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Ollysj,

Cool, just thought I would check. I'm not sure what you mean by winner only though?

Betting against the spread is still just picking the winner, you just have to give points.

e.g. Vikings are a 10.5 favorite over the Bears this week. If I take the Vikings and they only win by 10 points, I would lose. I think this format would get more people that don't have a lot of vCash into the games because they can actually have a chance to make some money.

It's tough to bet on the games and make any money where the payout is only .15 of your bet, especially for the gif'ers that don't have much cash to begin with. So you either have to try and pick the upsets, or find games where it's near to even odds, of which there aren't many each week.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just wanted to get my 2cents in because of personal preference.

7. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I wanted spread bets as well until I saw the value in the odds. You can make a lot more vcash if you're saavy about picking your underdogs or if you find an easy winner with decent odds, not like 1 to 9.