Veteran LB Derrick Brooks Won't Be Getting Call From Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Sep 22, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Veteran linebacker Derrick Brooks said last week he expected the Bears to re-evaluate their linebacker situation after the weekend and possibly get back to him about a contract. It appears Brooks will have to keep waiting. Head coach Lovie Smith was pleased with the performance of Hunter Hillenmeyer and Nick Roach, the fill-ins for injured starters Brian Urlacher and Pisa Tinoisamoa. "I like what we did at the linebacker position," Smith said.

Source:
    Chicago Tribune

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

As long as Hillenmeyer and Roach keep producing like they did against the Steelers, the Bears won't be calling Mr. Brooks anytime soon.

3. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Wow, something must be wrong with Derrick Brooks. He got cut from Tampa where he was a hero, and hasn't gotten any offers even after meeting with the Saints and Bears.

IMO, Derrick Brooks should go into the HOF.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Maybe Mush can shed some light on how much his age played a part with his Buc play but if not a great drop off, I'd say it's just a $$ game.

Nobody wants to pay what's probably a high price for an aging veteran when they could be giving the time to develop younger & cheaper talent. I'd still like to see him in Chicago but I never thought they'd pull the trigger anyway.