Vikings DE Brian Robison Questions Late-Game Play Calls

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Vikings defenders, including defensive linemen Kevin Williams and Brian Robison, questioned the coaching decision to drop into prevent-style coverage on the final drive after they had success all game rushing Tony Romo.

"We were putting heat on him the whole day," Robison steamed, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "We had (three) sacks today. That's a pretty dang good day and then all of a sudden we get a drive, we're going to rush three guys and we don't get to him. You've got five guys to block three. ... "

According to Robison, the play-calling says "a lot of things" about the team.

"It says obviously when we rush four, we're pretty dang good," the defensive end said. "We can be pretty dang good, especially when we rush four against five. I like the odds of that in our favor every week. I feel like when we're in a rhythm, and guys are dropping out, (it) kind of takes it out of that."

Source: NFL.com

Sweets's Take: OMG, I so hate "prevent" coverage, you usually lose momentum during the game more times than not.