Vikings DT Jimmy Kennedy Ticked Off About Playing Time

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by MediaGuy, Oct 14, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy has four tackles and a half-sack in his two games since returning from a knee injury that required offseason surgery. So, why is Kennedy "frustrated as hell"? "I'm pissed off with playing 15 plays last game," Kennedy said. "I'm pissed off being under 30 snaps for the season. I'm never a cancer. That won't happen. But look, as a competitor, I damn sure don't like standing on the sidelines playing cheerleader — 'Hey, let's go, rah rah.' (Forget) that. Not me. But if that's what it takes this year in order for us to get a championship year, then so be it." Kennedy said his frustration lies not with the team, but with his own standard. The more plays he gets, Kennedy says, the more he can produce on one of the league's best defensive lines. Starting defensive tackle Pat Williams, a 14-year veteran, said he plays about 35 snaps per game, but Kennedy plans to capitalize when snaps do come his way. "I know one thing: When I'm out there, I'm making plays," said Kennedy, who came to the Vikings in 2008 after a short stint with Jacksonville. "No matter how poor my technique is, that's what it's about, who's going to produce."

Source: Pioneer Press