Vikings Offer QB Brett Favre A $16M Guaranteed Contract

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to NFL sources, the Vikings' pitch to bring back Brett Favre now includes an offer that could pay him $20 million - $16 million guaranteed, plus incentives potentially worth another $4 million. Favre was scheduled to make $13 million this season. Brett Favre is still in Mississippi and hasn't personally made any announcements.

Source: Star Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol I LOVE THIS

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Idk if you can change Favres mind with $$$. If he's not goobered in financial things, he should have saved enough money, that he never had to work again. His ego is another story....

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

That's a lot of money to walk away from I bet he comes back

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I hope he doesn't. It makes for one less team for the Cowboys to worry about.

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I thought he was retired. Going back on his word would be totally out of character for Favre.

8. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

9. SHOW....ME.....THE M-O-N-E-Y!

10. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

If it's a "health issue" then why would the Vikings throw more money at him? Something is rotten in the state of Minnesota.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He would be embarrased to be on a 1 Dollar bill

12. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Dude's got a good point here. If it truly is his health that is keeping him from playing, money wouldn't matter. Oh well.. I have a feeling that Favre will play another 2-3 years. (unless the Vikings win the SB)

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Uhhhhh.... so they can win some games this season maybe??? And they don't give heck about his health. He isn't going to be there long term, they just want one more season out of him.

14. Because George Washington never told a lie.....:icon_cheesygrin:

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Totally missed the point. What good would throwing money at a busted ankle do?

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

c'mon, Favre feels more like a 1000$ bill (is the US issueing 1k bills? If not Favre will ask his congressman that there will be one in the near future)

17. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Potentially get him to play through the injury that could have him limping in the future if he does.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sure as hell gives a little more incentive to take a few cortisone shots and suck it up before retirement.

19. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

it'e always about the money with Brett.....he wants 25 miliion gauranteed which the Vikingd would be sstupid to give him that. The Vikings will be fine TJ this season.