Vikings QB Brett Favre Talking Retirement Again?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If the Vikings win the Super Bowl, QB Brett Favre and DT Pat Williams both said this week they just might walk away as champions, retiring on the spot. Favre's annual play/retire saga is well documented, but he said this week that he could see himself retiring for good should Minnesota win the Super Bowl this year. "Yeah, I'd be pretty comfortable saying, 'Hey, there ain't nothin' left,' " Favre told USA Today. "I'm trying to win a Super Bowl. I'll quit then if I win the Super Bowl this year," Williams said. "I'll go into the sunset smiling. That's how you want to end it." Even with one year left on his contract, at $4.25 million? "It don't matter," he said. "That's all I want is that trophy. I'll walk off the field with my tights on, because I'm throwing everything to the fans: shoulder pads, helmet, everything," Williams said. "I'll walk off with tights and socks. That's how I'm walking off the field. I've been thinking about it all year."

Source: SportingNews.com

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Here we go again, lol.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Right here, right now, I think GIF should make a rule that we will NOT participate in another Favre/retirement/non-retirement saga this off-season ......................... no posting of rumors, no news postings, no discussions, whaddaya say everyone? let's make a stand and say, 'No Mas!'

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Like thats gonna happen, lol.

5. CaptainStubing

We have the power to say NO MORE !

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I <3 Favre! :jiggy:

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Bold Prediction: Brett Favre says he's retiring in february or march, regardless of how the Vikings season ends, then once training camp is over, he comes back. Then again, isn't Favre actually signed through next year with the Vikings or is that an option year?

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If he wears down towards the end of the season again i think he will retire. He hasent been great the last 2 weeks.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

Afterall, Favre is 40 years old. Thats not super old but in sports for an athlete, thats ancient.

10. CaptainStubing

eh, i doubt it. favre flopping down the stretch has been going on for the last 6 seasons (if in fact he's flopping again) ........... in his last 22 december games, his passer rating is 68.2 ................

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

favre needs to catch up on his nintendo

[​IMG]

12. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I can see the headline now: Bears QB Brett Favre to return in 2017?

Lions QB Brett Favre to return in 2029?

lol

13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

After this year, he beat every team in the League, now he wants to beat the Packers with every team in the League.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

First he had to win the SB.....

15. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

...And next, the World Series!

16. DaBearsrule4ever

He already did that, almost 13 years ago. Oh, you mean another one? LOL! Packers fans, especially in Green Bay would probably despise Favre even more if he won a Super Bowl with the Vikings.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You cannot stop Favre, you can only hope to contain him...

:icon_cool:

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He's been out of the news and he can't stand that, hence the retirement stories again, it's in his contract...:lmao:

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

BRETT FAVRE!!!!

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Thanks TJ

:icon_cheesygrin: