Vikings QB Brett Favre Unsure Of His Status Vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Brett Favre used both railings as he left the podium late Sunday night in the bowels of Lambeau Field, putting no weight on the troublesome left ankle he tweaked in the third quarter of the Minnesota Vikings' 28-24 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Favre didn't miss a snap after Packers linebacker Brad Jones pulled him down from behind, contributing to an off-target pass A.J. Hawk intercepted, and received no significant medical attention on the sideline, but the 41-year-old quarterback spent time after the drive squeezing and bending the ankle, and he spoke in uncertain terms after the game about his chances for playing next week at New England. "Who knows?" Favre said. "Really, who knows? I hope I do. It'll be tough to get over this loss, as it's tough to get over any loss. But I've got to find a way to do it. "The reality is, if I can play but not be effective, then it's not worth playing. I hope I use good judgment. We'll see. I'm no spring chicken anymore. I don't heal as quickly. "I know the heart's in the right place though. I know I left it on the field. It's just disappointing it didn't work our way." Favre sat in his locker for an extended period before speaking with reporters, tears in his eyes as teammates stopped by to console him. He finished 16-of-29 passing for 212 yards with a touchdown, three interceptions and a 50.4 passer rating in his first loss to his longtime team. Based at least in part on the way Favre was moving, Vikings coach Brad Childress said he thought about pulling him after the following series, which ended with Favre gift-wrapping an interception Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop returned 32 yards for a touchdown. "I was going to give him that next series," Childress said, "and he took us and moved us down the field" for a 58-yard touchdown drive.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2010
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

:yawn:

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

:whatever:

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

That's his way of announcing his retirement. He's done.

AMF.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Beaten up, loosing and a tainted legacy. What would that be a way for a great player to retire :eek:hboy: Well deserved Brett :icon_cool:

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Going out on an ankle looks a bit more heroic than going out on an interception.....again. I guess.

1 person likes this.
  7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wow. The streak could actually end. I was hoping it'd reach 300.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

True story.

9. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Fractures in the ankle. maybe he really won't play next week. :icon_eek:

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

dont be fooled
    super brett isnt done

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Is it allowed to wear a walking boot during a game?

12. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

YES !!! YES!!! my dream came true....

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

im sure he will still play next week. it seems he plays through everything. Im sure he doesnt want his start streak to end

14. Unless that ankle requires amputation.....he'll play.

Don't let him fool you......

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He plays on Sunday. Anything is better than staying at home with Deanna. Can you imagine what his home life is like?

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Agreed. Brett is only playing for stats/records now (Unless he sees his only way to finish his vendetta against Thompson is by winning a Superbowl for Minny). Either way, he's playing for all the wrong reasons, which is why I'm hoping he doesn't play next week.

17. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I doubt it has anything to do with his vendetta against Thompson. It may have last year, but this year I do truly believe he came back to try to win a Superbowl. He certainly doesn't mind the stats, though.

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

2-4 = FAIL it that was the reason.

19. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

If his ankle is fractured, it's stupid to even put him in there. With Wilfork bearing down on me, I'd sure like to be able to at least get outta the way.:icon_rolleyes:

20. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Let him take the snap, hand the ball off and then sit down. Streak continues