Vikings QB Brett Favre's 297-Game Consecutive Start Streak Ends

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre won't start Monday night's game against the New York Giants, ending a streak of 297 consecutive starts -- the longest streak of any position player in NFL history. Favre sprained the SC joint near his right shoulder when he was tackled by Arthur Moats on his first pass of last Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. He practiced sparingly on Friday, making only a few soft tosses to teammates, and the Vikings said he would throw in pregame warm-ups Monday. Monday morning, Vikings coach Leslie Frazier told ESPN in a text message that it was "doubtful" Favre would play. Favre's streak started on Sept. 27, 1992 when he started against the Pittsburgh Steelers, replacing an injured Don Majkowski.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  2. Like the man or not.......this was one hell of a run for Favre.

3. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So I get to rest all of my hope at defeating the Giants on Tarvaris Jackson.

Super.

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn Bucs need the Giants to lose this one. Come on T-Jack.

6. Chris Mortensen: Twitter.com

7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Jesus, Brett let go, just let it go.....

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Peyton Manning is the only one with a honest chance, and it's still a loooong shot.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

And his arm is starting to burn out. Favre's record in this modern game is going to be near impossible to catch.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

A couple bad games from Manning doesn't mean his arm is burning out, while it is possible I really doubt it. More mental than anything and he seems to be getting it back under control. If not to end this season, next year it will be the same ol' Peyton.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

^this. Ridiculous run...

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

That record is never coming down...NEVER!!!!! bravo Brett bravo.

13. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

unless the commish gets what he want...touch football :palmface:

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

His INT record too.....

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Well, I guess that's a lot better record than his all time interception record.

16. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

An amazing run...but...jeez Brett, please just retire now while you still have a working body part...:icon_cheesygrin:

17. Word.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
  18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

hmmm, I guess this doesn't count under "all what he did for the Packers" :icon_confused:

19. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Haha that Fox reporter interviewing Favre walked past my section last night and everyone went FREAKING NUTS. I don't know if she's actually a person who matters, or just a hot girl everyone cheered at. She doesn't look like anything special in that picture but trust me...the butt...