Vikings QB Donovan McNabb Not Happy About Demotion

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Despite the Vikings 1-5 start, quarterback Donovan McNabb said the decision to start rookie Christian Ponder surprised him according to Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "As any other competitor, you obviously want to compete with your team and prepare and look forward to the opportunity of getting back on the field and changing things," McNabb said. "But unfortunately it's not so. "[Coach Leslie Frazier] is the head coach and decisions are made. At this particular point, it's for me to continue to prepare and make sure that we continue to support Christian and make sure that he's ready. But most important for me, is to prepare because I'm just one play from going back in. Just make sure I'm ready when called upon and try to lead us to victory." "We've done some good things on offense, scored some points and moved the ball," McNabb said. "But, again, the only thing I can do at this point is continue to support Christian and be ready when called upon." McNabb also said he feels he has "a lot of football left in him."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
  2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He does have a lot of football left. It's just crapty football.

1 person likes this.
  3. smeags

smeags militant geek

its over dude.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

needs to retire

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

2 years ago.

6. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

A lot of football left? Yeah on the sidelines collecting the paychecks doing JACK squat like you been doing on the field for quiet sometime.

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Lots of McNabb love up in here...

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He sucked and now he is surprised getting benched? Well, that surprises me..

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ride the bench, get released or retire. Those are your options "5."

11. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

let me ride that bench. get paid and not get hurt. If you didn't like the benching then you should have played better.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That i dont agree with 09 he was still a QB but right after that yea

13. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

He's lucky hes not on the depth chart behind the PUNTER right now...

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Ask the Vikings to release you, sign that 1 day contract with the Birds and call it a career. Or get traded for a cheesesteak or something.

15. Buck Fenson

How he has fallen in such a short time. If he had a coach that believed in a running game I think Philly could have won at least one SB if not more. Sure he wasn't accurate. Sure he wasn't in the best cardiovascular shape. Sure he depended on his legs early on but besides all that he wasn't half bad. Like I told this woman who wanted my sperm " If it wasn't for your face, body, and personality you wouldn't be that horrible.

16. Dragonite

Now the question becomes

HOF or not?

I say no

17. Buck Fenson

No.Sure they went to 4 NFC title games in a row and one super bowl but no way.Maybe the Hall of Average.

18. Dragonite

Yeah I think most of that was NOT Donovan McNabb though. His numbers to me don't look HOF worthy aside from Playoff wins he's not that great and he never got that ring

19. Buck Fenson

Everyone thinks this player or that player should be in the Hall. And the "compare his stats with so and so stats from the 70's and his is better argument don't hold water. Back in the day defenses could maintain contact all the way down the field. Now it is more pitch and catch. I think Bradshaw passed for over 3000 yards twice in his career. That is saying something. Now if you don't have at least 1 ring or maybe 2 and passed for over 4000 yards multiple times in your career you shouldn't even be considered. In fact. I just went and looked over his career stats and if he was playing now he would be a back up. There are several qbs that have more yardage in 6 games that is more than he passed in 6 different years.

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

A BIG part of the Hall Of Fame is perception unfortunately. On stats alone he's a lock. I think that had he simply retired before getting traded to Washington and Minnesota you could have made a really good argument for it. He carried the team on his back for SO many years and was a game changer. He was Mike Vick before Mike Vick came out. Had McNabb just retired or walked away, he might get in some day. But now let's be honest. He's made his career look like a joke because of the last 2 years of the cluster heck. The man is a beast and a total class athlete. I put the Mike Vick of today on Donovan McNabb. McNabb was the first one at practice and the last one out. He busted his butt in the off season, watched a TON of film and was the consummate professional. Unfortunately he felt he could keep going but we see what really happened.

And you're right. If the Andy Reid of 2000 had the mentality of the Andy Reid of today I believe that Donovan McNabb would have had 1 or 2 Super Bowl rings today. Unfortunately you don't get into Canton based on What If's.