Vikings QB Donovan McNabb Showed Up Late To Meetings, Not Willing To Put In Time

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 23, 2011.

1. The Vikings front office had a plan once the awful 2010 season ended -- they wanted to draft a quarterback for the future and sign a veteran quarterback so the rookie could learn from the sidelines. The Vikings believed they could be a playoff team because they had the right pieces in place but six weeks into the season, the Vikings have taken a 1-5 uppercut to the jaw and now their plan has been dramatically altered. With veteran quarterback Donavan McNabb not playing well and McNabb is at a point in his career that he does not seem to want to put in the time, willing to show up late for meetings and practice, and expects to just play well. He failed to really grasp the offense in Minnesota (as he did in Washington), having trouble spitting the plays out quickly -- which meant the play sheet on his arm got bigger and bigger.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
  2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Why does this not surprise me....oh right cause he looked like freaking crap out there.

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

when you play for 1 team for like 12 years you get comfortable i dont think mcnabb is that bad i just think he doesent know these other offenses. As an eagles i dont care what one says he was not bad even his last year in 09 we were in the playoffs even though we lost.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's old, washed up, and lazy. Screw him.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

i think mcnabb hate is on tebow hate level just leave the poor man alone hes already benched lol

6. McNabb thought with his experience.......he could put himself on cruise control.

At the quarterback position...........not going to work.

7. Dragonite

How could anyone defend a QB who doesn't even TRY to earn his paycheck or his starting QB position back. Dude just doesn't give a heck

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

So pretty much everything that happened in Washington is happening in Minnesota...yet the Redskins, at the time, were wrong for handling it the way they did and it was all the Shanahan's fault...lol...

Makes you wonder if T.O. was the "real" problem in Philly...

9. Dragonite

T.O. was a part of the problem, not the whole thing. It tells you something that a lot of the players sided with TO in that scuffle...nobody except Ocho ever agrees with TO

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Next year, all headlines regarding McNabb will start with:"Former NFL QB..."

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

*insert team* intereseted in Free Agent QB Brett Fav...I mean Donovan McNabb.

12. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

god i hate mcnabb. hopefully he just gets fat somewhere and we never hear from him again.

13. Dragonite

Maybe McNabb will finally realize he sucks and retire before he gets embarrased when nobody wants him

14. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

You know the ol saying, McNabb me once. Shame on McNabb, McNabb me twice...shame on me.

15. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I lol'd.

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

didn't TO say the same thing in Philly? That he didn't work hard and was out of shape? If I recall correctly

17. Dragonite

TO told the TRUTH about something and might not have been the problem....WTF? my world is turning upside down...

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he runs his mouth but I don't think I have ever heard him lie. I thought he was lying but apparently he wasn't. Kinda ruins my image of McNabb.

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

After McNabb was benched, Herm Edwards said on Mike and Mike that McNabb would be a true professional by showing up early and working with the Christian Ponder to impart his years of wisdom in the NFL. Ooops.

20. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

JaWalrus Russell is starting to look like a comparable option.