Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Plans To Play At 230LBs

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by mike oxlong, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said Tuesday night that he hopes to enter next season weighing as much as 230 pounds in an effort to better withstand the punishment he endures over the course of a season. Peterson loves contact on the football field, and he hopes to dole out even more punishment next season by adding more bulk.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Didn't he say before last season that he wasn't happy with his speed at 225lbs?

I love how he plays, but constantly having weight swings is going to put even more toll on his body..

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If he could have that speed at 230 he will be even more of a beast that would be sick.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

i'd focus on holding on to the ball if i were him

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he hinted last year that he was going to change his running style (go down quicker) to extend his career also.

While I understand where A.P. is coming from with all of this, he better be careful not to diminish his skills and his effort so much that he becomes just another running back. He's special and although running backs in this league have relatively short careers, he could make just as much money playing his butt off and being awesome for 8 years versus just being a 'good' running back for 12 years.

He needs to be careful here.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

He seems like he knows what he's doing, you have to give the guy credit for wanting to improve his game. The guy is already a top 5 back in the league and wants to get better? That's the type of player I want on my team. However, I do agree with captain he needs to be cautious at the same time. Nice post captain.

7. Paintballer8791

Paintballer8791 Paintballer For Life

hes not just a top 5 running back ,hes better, hes most likely the top running back in the league

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yup most likely...