Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Will Play Against The Panthers, Son In Critical Condition

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

One of Adrian Peterson's children is in critical condition at a South Dakota hospital, Peterson's father confirmed Friday.

"We are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson told Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Peterson missed practice Thursday, but returned to the team facility on Friday.

"I should start off by saying I really appreciate all the support that I've been receiving from fans, the Vikings organization," Peterson said Friday afternoon. "This is a private matter, and I would ask you all to please just respect my privacy and not ask at all about the situation at hand. Thanks."

"You know, football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times," Peterson said. "Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me and just being able to go out and play this game I love. Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing."

Source: NFL.com

Sweets's Take: Hopefully his son pulls through but being in critical condition must be weighing heavily on his mind.

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

It says alot of Peterson if he is still going to play this week even after what his son just went through

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

his son is still "Going" through, he's in critical condition and IMO it doesn't look too good for the lil guy..poor thing...

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Peterson hasn't even acknowledged that this is his son. This boy is not Adrian Jr like some think. He's had nothing to do with the boy or the mother. He has shown zero emotional attachment to the kid. It would seem disingenuous to me if he decided not to play.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hopefully his kid pulls through. Stories like this are obviously horrible. It's good that Peterson views football as a way to cope. I can tell you that I wouldn't be "working" Sunday if my kid was in critical condition, but people cope with things in different ways. Prayers are with he and his family.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Just heard that the little boy died. My son is the same age, and I just cant imagine something like this happening. if I were Peterson I'd kill that motherhecker.

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

They want to charge aggravated battery??? How about freaking murder?!

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

TMZ is saying that the charge "will almost certainly" be upgraded to murder. Who would do something like this?

9. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

This article was posted before the news of his son's death. Murder should most definitely be the charge here. Freaking bastard.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Meh sometimes the little craps get mouthy. Spare the rod spoil the child.