Vikings, TE Visanthe Sciancoe Talking Contract Extension

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Although TE Visanthe Shiancoe still has two years left on his contract, which runs through 2011, his camp and the Vikings have been talking extension, a source close to the situation told Pro Football Weekly. Shiancoe switched agents from Tony Agnone, who got him a five-year deal in Minnesota in 2007, to Drew Rosenhaus, who also represents high-paid TEs Kellen Winslow and Jeremy Shockey. Although a new deal is not imminent, the sides have talked, and Pro Football Weekly hears Shiancoe would like to be paid among the top five tight ends in the league, which would put him in the $5 million to $7 million range per season.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this would be a good move by the Vikings. I think Sciancoe is worth it

3. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Visanthe shiancoe has improved each year as a Vike, I'm all for an extension. There are higher priorities though, namely Sidney Rice, who's contract expires after this year, I do believe.

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Yea Shiancoe has been doing real good and still isnt consider a good player, I think he deserves more credit.

5. chucklehead

chucklehead Fantasy Fool

He's more valuable to the Vikes with Favre than without him.