Vikings Teammate Says QB Tarvaris Jackson Needs To Improve

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, May 26, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

During an interview with Alex Marvez of Sirius NFL Radio, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams said that he has told quarterback Tarvaris Jackson he needs to apply himself to reach his potential. I talk to Tarvaris all the time, (and) tell him you have to put in the time, Williams said. This aint college no more. This is the NFL. You have to put in more time than you are used to putting in. If you are putting in four hours, you have to put in eight. You have to put in more time than what hes doing. I think if he puts the right time in, he will be a great quarterback in the league. Williams, who is involved in ongoing Starcaps litigation as he combats a four-game NFL suspension, also indicated that he recently sent a text message to Favre. I told him if he comes we will open our arms to you and if you dont we understand, Williams said. Hes a Hall of Famer and no one can take that from him. Hes still one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Damn, he just called Tavaris a slacker! :icon_lol:

Hey Pat, if you put in the time you don't need Starcaps, donkey! :icon_lol:

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

If Tarvaris needs to be told it's not college anymore, he's got more problems than I thought...

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

At the same time this is coming from big Pat.

Guy has shown signs of improvement, I think that benching behind Gus Frerotte taught him more than we think.