Vince Young Makes A Strong Run For Packers Backup Job

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 24, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Working from a limited play list against the Seattle Seahawks on Friday night, Vince Young took a big step toward beating out Graham Harrell for the No. 2 quarterback job in the Packers’17-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks at Lambeau Field, Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press Gazette reports.

Whatever his shortcomings as a pure passer, the 30-year old Young demonstrated the athleticism that can turn a bad play into a good one, and probably made himself the front-runner to back up Aaron Rodgers. In his two series, Young ran for 39 yards and put up a touchdown and 130.7 passer rating.

“The dimension of running, that’s something we really wanted to see (from Young),†coach Mike McCarthy said after the game. “I think you’re just seeing Vince getting more and more comfortable with what we’re asking of him, particularly for as much as man-to-man (defense) as we were seeing tonight.

“Very instinctive and made big plays and did very well on his first drive. It was unfortunate the high snap on second down on the second drive. I think Vince is one of the players that definitely took advantage of his opportunities tonight.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

the other qb overthrew everybody bad last night.

3. Badger

Badger Rookie

Harrell sucks. Thats all there is to it. Young looked great on that drive last night. Like I said in the other thread, Young just needs more time to learn the Packers' system and he gives the defense a chance to practice against a read option QB.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

In summary, if Rodgers goes down, the packers are screwed.