Vince Young's "Potential"

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by cKlass, Aug 22, 2011.

1. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

After reading a previous thread regarding Vince Young's "Dream Team" comments I started wondering, does anyone think Vince Young will ever live up to his "potential"? Does anyone think that a couple of years on the bench under Andy Reid might revitalize his career?

2. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

It's hard for me to say. I would like to think so but....

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

I don't think so. I think, barring injury..his days as a starting QB are done.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I think his "potential" was greatly overblown by that Rose Bowl performance anyways. Much like Jamarcus Russell was all of a sudden the top pick after his bowl game. People put too much stock in those games and we are seeing the result.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. No reason to go any further.

6. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Fisher didn't think L blount was worth a 3rd string RB job. VY just needs a coach that will endorse him and he needs to look good with whatever opportunities he does get.
    Pre-season gm #4 should tell us everything vs the Jets.

7. you can't honestly think this. You are so clueless about how the NFL works. :word03:

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You know what I always say about "potential." It means you haven't done a damned thing yet.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He is looking like QB3 right now. Kafka is looking much improved over last year.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't get that. I read it like 3 times thinking I was missing something.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

VY never had potential. Horrible mechanics, low IQ, low football IQ, head case, can't handle pressure. The "winner" idea is great but that can't get anyone far.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He will be his own worst enemy until he really begins to apply himself. Problem is I think it's too little too late. He's should lose the competition to Mike Kafka for the #2 job.

13. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Thanks to whoever put this under the Eagles' tag. This was my first thread and wasn't sure how to. As far as the "winner" complex I feel that that's a boatload of crap as well. That's how I feel about Tebow. Maybe he proves me wrong but I just don't see it, at least not yet.

14. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

You gotta be 18 yrs old or younger, u say things just to be annoying, not intelligent responses but rather random goobered accusations at people.
    I didn't want to write a lot last time but I will break it down for ya.
    Pre-season game 4 is where the starters rest and the back-ups play the whole game. That means VY will be starting and play at least a half or more. As long as he has a strong outing and impresses Andy Reid VY's value will go up, and this off-season when teams are calling teams about free agents inquiring about his development VY won't get slammed b/c he has a coach that believes in him.

Don't u think the Raiders would have gotten VY if they would have gotten a good endorsement from Andy Reid, instead of spending a 3rd rd pk on a rookie problem child who's style is similar.
    Now if this is still over your head just fall back on the accusations that I don't watch football & don't forget to use curse words so u sound like a big boy.

15. I'm aware of the importance of a preseason game for a backup. What I'm confused about is why you think it's Jeff Fisher's fault Blount was cut. I'm not sure why you think Young can still be a great player.

no I don't think the Raiders would have been interested for the simple reason that Jason Campbell is an upgrade over VY.

It's pretty obvious to me and everyone else here that you don't want enough football to tell us that we are all wrong and you're right.

VY has proven that even with a coach that supports him he still doesn't have the talent and intangibles teams need in a starting QB.

16. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

This thread shouldn't even exist.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

when you say potential what do you mean? To be a starter? Talent wise not starting material. Height and speed wise someone will give him a chance. Don't care that he has a winning record. Defense and running game is more the reason. He needs to get a reality check to go with his football check. Never thought he would make it in the NFL as a quarterback. Too much of a runner and he dominated college where most will go on with their miserable lives after college. But he has too much pride to sit and try and learn for a couple more years. Hell, team him up with Jaws and Gruden and he will turn into a HOFer.

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Blunt likes to hit his own teammates. He won't last long in the league. 3 years I bet.

19. 32 Teams in the NFL and he could olny land a back up job..that should explain alot right there and as a professional athlete you don't throw your shoulder pads in the crowd and walk out of team meetings he has along way to go before he can even think to be a starting NFL QB..."Wasted Talent" he will never live up to would could've been a "great qb"

20. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

VY was drafted by a team who's GM Floyd Reese and owner Bud Adams agreed on despite the opinion of the HC Jeff Fisher who openly desired Matt Leinart. Doesn't it tell u anything when a coach wants to draft a player just b/c they went to the same school??? I watch Leinart at practice all the time and he's still overrated as a back-up, i'm not sure TJ Yates isn't better.

Then VY won the ROY (rookie of the year), came 1 game from the play-offs and went to the probowl in his rookie year. He's had so many amazing come backs in some games and also some heck ups in others, but he was never given any WRs unless u see Justin Gage as anything.
    Here, a little more recent for u. K Collins led the team to an 0-6 record and lost to the Pats 59-0.
    Then VY took over and won 8 of the last 10 gms and once again came 1 game away from playoffs, but that's not J Fishers fault it must be VY for not winning that last game to get in.

Look I don't wanna make this too long,I am not trying to convince u of anything, just telling u why he has potential. Btw enlighten me who's decision it was to put Blount on the P-squad if it wasn't the HC.