Virginia Tech RB David Wilson To Enter Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Sportsguy, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Virginia Tech running back David Wilson said Friday he'll skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft.Wilson made his announcement at a news conference in Blacksburg, Va., with Hokies coach Frank Beamer at his side.The speedy Wilson rushed for 1,709 yards and nine TDs this season. The ACC player of the year was limited to 32 yards in the conference championship game loss to Clemson and ran for 82 yards in an Allstate Sugar Bowl loss to Michigan.Wilson said he struggled with the decision and weighed the positives and negatives, including the risk of injury next season. He said he talked to former Virginia Tech running backs Ryan Williams and Kevin Jones about it."I had a great season this year," Wilson said. "I felt like I built the legacy here to be remembered."This is something I really wanted to do. It's been my goal since I was 8 and a dream of mine. Just to be that close to it and be able to get it and accomplish something that you work so hard for and sweat for every day, I couldn't pass it up."

Source: ESPN