Warren Moon Not The Only One To Think Cam Newton Being Racially Criticized?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Warren Moon isn’t the only person who thinks race may be a factor in the way the NFL world is perceiving Cam Newton. A high ranking NFL executive, who is white, came to the same conclusion before Moon made his comments. “If Newton were white, he’d be the first pick in the draft,â€￾ he said. A draft profile in Pro Football Weekly published this week blasted Newton. Under the category of negatives, Newton was described as "very disingenuous -- has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them." The profile also said that Newton "lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness."

Source: National Football Post

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I don't think race is an issue. While SOME people still have a negative connotation of black QBs, I don't think it's as big of a factor as his perceived arrogance and short time as a star. He's literally come out of nowhere and took the college game by storm, add to that the fact that he played in a spread offense, and yeah.

A lot of people are mad at Moon for pulling that card, and although I don't agree with it, you have to understand that a lot of older black males are going to be quick to play that card because they dealt with it, and some aren't sure if it's gone away.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So any negative comments or concerns are racially motivated? Oh, please. Warren and the mystery exec need to STFU. Anyway, Cam is a football player, entertainer and an icon. Why should they worry?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I don't like him because he is arrogant, he lied, he has a piss poor attitude, and he has this sense of entitlement. The fact that he is black is like the 12th thing that's wrong with him.

5. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

ARE YOU SAYING THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH BEING BLACK :icon_mad:*

*INSERT OBLIGATORY RACE BAITING COMMENT*

1 person likes this.
  6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

just kidding.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

So the fact that some "mystery, random WHITE NFL executive" agrees with Moon it's racism????....wait......:Loco: now that is funny.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

$ounds like Warren's lined up at the Cam trough ready to partake in the feast. And why hasn't he commented on the negative criticisms and bashing Ryan Mallet's gotten so far. Moon wouldn't be a racist, would he?

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Tim Tebow was a similar type prospect: big, fast, average QB skills, benefitted heavily from the offense he played in... the big difference between the two is Tebow had been the best everywhere he went and proved his ability in a crapload more games than Cam has.

And he's a perfect little Christian boy with a hell of a personality and a champion's mindset who no one that's met him can say a bad thing about.

And he went second half of the draft.

And he's white.

I can not wait for this draft to be here so I can laugh at a team for drafting this douche or laugh at him for sliding so far down draft boards.

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Second half of the first round, I meant. 25th overall.