WC 2010 @ South Africa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by ollysj, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I had no doubt in my mind they'd get the job done with the stadiums.

It's the security that worries me.

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i know zero about soccer/football, but they where talking about this on the radio friday

theres a usa vs england match at some point during the Tourney and Al Quida has internet videos talking about making a huge target of this event.

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Those racists in Al Qaeda. Why not target the Mexico vs. Uruguay game? :icon_frown:

4. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Yep, that's a huge problem. The crime rate makes even Mexico look like a safe place :bolt:

k, serious. Teams and stadiums are safe, but any other place is dangerous

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

As much as I've become pissed off with soccer over the years, major international tournaments always awakens my national duty of being sucked into them. Like TJ, Soccer can be a real butthole to emotions, especially when it involves England and the major tournaments.

For example, in my lifetime:

WC1994: Aka. The Koeman Incident. The hecker prevents a sure goal, doesn't get sent off and scores a free kick later on to rub it in. England miss World Cup, FIFA lose a crap load of money.

Euro1996: Germany PK in Semis. Enough said.

WC1998: Argentina PK in Quarters. Beckham/Simeone Kick incident, Campbell goal disallowed.

Euro2000: Romania, Phil Neville gives away PK in 89th Minute, knocking us out in group stage.

WC2002: Brazil, Seaman makes a tit of himself and gets lobbed by Ronaldinho. Buck teeth people around England quickly go to dentists.

Euro2004: Opening Game France. England have 1-0 led, going into 90th minute, then Zidane scores a fluke equilizer, followed by a penalty barely a minute later. Never felt so sick in my life after this one.

Quarterfinals, Rooney does his ankle in, Portugal PK's, Ricardo the GK scores the winner

WC2006: The Rooney c**k-Stomp incident, gets sent off, goes to PK's, Ricardo the GK scores the winner.

Euro2008: Qualifiers, Steve McClaren, like the rest of the qualifying games, screws up, putting GK Scott Carson in his first competitive international game in a must win game. Croatia rape us, and Scott Carson now plays in the second-tier.

Most of our knockouts just happen to be against three of our arch-enemies (France, Germany and Argentina).

So yeah, it's crap being English in a soccer tournament. Luckily England has a pathetic squad so expectations are low. Winning in the second round would be a hell of an achievement.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Less than 2 weeks to go and our team is falling apart....

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

I'm no soccer fan, but I will watch all of the USA matches, or try to at least

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Your group isn't that heavy. The UK will prolly beat you, but Slowenia and Algeria are beatable for your boys

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

All anyone seems to care about is beating England from what Ive read. Theres more to this than beating England

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Sure, but England is the strongest rated opponent in your group and I would rate the USA higher that Slowenia or Algeria. On the other hand, everyone can beat everyone in a WC....

11. andy82

How dare you group those three other bums with us!

12. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

I would love to see you with Italy, Spain and the Netherlands in the same group Andy

13. andy82

Haha, to be honest, with how this current prop of players have players for us over the last four years, a group with North Korea, Algeria and South Africa could see us off.

BTW; The three other bums were Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales, in case you misunderstood what I meant ;)

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Tell me. We lost Ballack, who is the soul of out team, and a few others. I guess we won't go deep into the tournament

lol, I didn't get it. I'll never write UK again, when I talk only about the English team

15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All right, first 16 games of the group stage are up in the sports book.

This looks like a good chance to ask for a vCash loan...I want to bet the house on Mexico, England against the USA, and Spain!!! :moe:

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

vCash is going away TJ...not sure a loan will do you much good...

17. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Not sure. Are Mexico and Uruguay supporting Israel and occupying Iraq and Afghanistan?
    Oh.... I mean they hate our freedom.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Thought it was back as long as people are clicking. Not that I care much about vcash.

18. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I thought it was staying too...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Mexico and Uruguay are free countries too...

You didn't get the sarcasm...no problem :eek:ld:

19. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Nah, I got it, but I've been known to answer sarcastic questions sarcastically. But this is a soccer thread, not an anti-war thread, so my bad for the almost hijack (no terrorist pun intended).

20. andy82

I don't think losing Ballack will hurt the Germans too badly, seeing as you lot always do well in the WC no matter how horrible your squad is.

England on the other hand...