WDIS: Week 1 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 1 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)
    (Thread started early because of the Thursday kickoff Week 1 and Labor Day holiday)
    WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 1 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:
    • Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    • How many do you start at that position?
    • Who are they playing?
    For example:
    WDIS Thomas Jones vs NE or Tatum Bell @ OAK. We start 2 RBs and my other starter is Joseph Addai.
    We get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

NFL Week 1
    Thursday, September 6
    NO @ IND 8:30 PM

Sunday, September 9
    PHI @ GB 1:00 PM
    PIT @ CLE 1:00 PM
    ATL @ MIN 1:00 PM
    DEN @ BUF 1:00 PM
    KC @ HOU 1:00 PM
    MIA @ WAS 1:00 PM
    CAR @ STL 1:00 PM
    NE @ NYJ 1:00 PM
    TEN @ JAC 1:00 PM
    CHI @ SD 4:15 PM
    DET @ OAK 4:15 PM
    TB @ SEA 4:15 PM
    NYG @ DAL 8:15 PM

Monday, September 10
    BAL @ CIN 7:00 PM
    ARI @ SF 10:15 PM

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Scoring:
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Touchdowns (10)

I have the following WRs (W1 opp.):
    D. Driver (phi)
    P. Burress (@ dal)
    J. Galloway (@sea)
    A. Battle (ari)
    D. Stallworth (@nyj)

I have to start 3 WRs, Driver will be one of them. I'd like to promote Battle but I don't know who I bench between Burress and Galloway.

3. wide right

I have the following WRs (W1 opp.):
    D. Driver (phi)
    P. Burress (@ dal)
    J. Galloway (@sea)
    A. Battle (ari)
    D. Stallworth (@nyj)

With Darrell Jackson still a question in SF, I think Battle could have a good week. Burress needs to prove he's healthy before I'd start him. With Garcia in TB I think he looks to his fellow vet first and Galloway's numbers should benefit from that.
    My picks in bold.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I would start Driver, Burress and Stallworth. Battle maybe a good pick over Stallworth, but we'll see.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Thanks for the help, guys.

6. wide right

I don't know how much help that was. You got 2 different answers. So who did you decided to go with?

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I think I'll go with your option, WR. But if i'm still undecided on Sunday, I still can do a google fight between Galloway and Burress. :icon_wink:

8. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

scoring is 1 pt per reception 1 pt per 10 rush rec yards

im looking at my tightends and can only start one of them

pittsburg te heath miller against cleveland. stats say he hasn't been to succesful against cleveland.

or

randy mcmichael te for the st louis rams against carolina panthers

9. wide right

Start Miller. I just don't see McMichael putting up the numbers he did in MIA with STL. The Rams have never thrown to the TE. Granted, they've never had a TE worth a crap but I still don't see him getting more than 5 targets a game with all their weapons. The Steelers are gonna roll all over the Browns. They will score a lot. Chances are Miller could be a part of that. At least a better chance than McMichael being involved with the Rams offense.

10. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I'd agree, go with Miller, the Steelers will throw the ball this and Miller is also a decent red zone threat.

11. wide right

1pt/50yds, 6pt/td, -2pt/int
    Cutler @ BUF or Losman vs DEN

Originally I was content with Cutler but now it's raining like a motherhecker in Buffalo. I actually think this works to JP's advantage. The stadium is built down in the ground with one endzone more open than the other. This construction makes for the most unique swirling winds in the NFL. It frustrates the crap out of opposing kickers and QBs alike. JP knows how to play to those elements. Cutler could struggle with them.
    Thoughts?

12. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

weather really does play a strong factor and if these are your only two options i would say losman. kinda sucks since both teams will probaly rely heavily on the run with the hard rain so neither quarterback will probably have a great game...

so in my eyes it is who will make the least mistakes and since losman is used to the crapty weather there i say you start him

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Crap! Burress scores 40pts on my bench and I'm trailling by 20 with Battle and my QB Steve McNair still to play. Still a winnable matchup but it's gonna be close.

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I suggested Burress. Battle could still have a big game, but Eli Manning looked very good last night and Burress is easily the Giants #1 option and Dallas' secondary was terrible.

Out of my 3 teams, only 1 of them looks to win this week. Steven Jackson didnt perform well at all and Marshawn Lynch got my 99 yards and a TD on my bench. Hopefully Jackson will come into his own and Lynch can be great trade bait for a couple top teir players at other positions. I'm still confident about my teams overall, but Santana Moss has to step up for me.

Anyone else hate the 1st week of fantasy where all the matchups and thigns you thought about for a month are just flipped on their head?

15. wide right

Hell yeah. It usually takes me 3-4 games to get a true feel for my team. Now is the time to pick up anyone who explodes out of nowhere or if someone in your league is panicking about a stud player having 1 or 2 bad games, grab them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.