Weather Could Be A Foe To Bears QB Jay Cutler

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Patriots-Bears Week 14 matchup in Chicago will be impacted by freezing temperatures, strong winds including gusts over 40 m.p.h. and several inches of snow. That could impact the Bears' passing game even though they've made alterations to their game in recent weeks. So even though Cutler will go up against a Pats pass defense that has allowed just under 277 yards per contest, he could have a hard time seeing his targets and passing accurately given the conditions. “There will be low visibility, probably even in the stadium,â€￾ National Weather Service meteorologist Richard Castro told the DeKalb Daily Chronicle. “There will be snow on the field, and that will be blowing around with the very strong winds. The other thing is, being right on the lakefront, that’s where we’re expecting the strongest wind gusts out of this storm.â€￾

Source: CBSSports

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The weather is going to be a foe to BOTH teams, used to it or not. I just hope the RBs and OLs for both teams are ready today. It's a little thing in Chicago we call "BEAR WEATHER" today.

3. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_cheesygrin: Most of our passing game revolves around 5 yard passes to midgets, so good to go. You can't see Woodhead running the ball in clear weather. Blowing snow, he'll be invisible.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i was thinking the same thing dabears was when i was reading the article. the bears offense is now somewhat similar to the pats offense so both teams are in the same boat ........ why would the writer of this article just focus on cutler? i think both offenses will be o.k. because their passing games are both focusing on shorter routes.

5. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Bear weather refers to a hard nosed running. Pounding the ball 30 - 35 times a game and make it feel colder as the game goes on. You guys lost your Bear Weather with the hiring of Martz.