Week 2 Saints News And Notes

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Sep 9, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

Having invoked the 24 hour rule in regards to Sunday’s 37-34 season-opening overtime loss to the Atlanta Falcons, the New Orleans Saints will return to the practice field tomorrow as they kickstart preparations for the Cleveland Browns in advance of this weekend’s week 2 matchup in Ohio. As the coaching staff and players pick themselves up of the floor, a return to preparation and game-planning mode will be just what the doctor ordered for New Orleans, as a team with Super Bowl aspirations looks to dust itself off and move on to the next one. As the world continues to turn, here is some news […]

Read the whole post here.

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

last week was horrid but it took a career game and two turnovers to beat us. don't know why they didn't bring in any corners to look at. P Roblem just doesn't pass the eye test. Teams will test him every game.

3. spstromain

spstromain Starter

i slept a little easier knowing that it was mainly Douglas and Hester working underneath and hitting the soft spots. Went back and watched, white actually had pretty good, tight coverage in the slot, just one of those days at the office. SJB isnt ready yet, going to need p-rob to at least be serviceable which i think he can be. i don't expect to see byrd playing 40 yards off the LOS against CLE though, that'll be a start in regards to tightening things up.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Cleveland don't have the receivers to make Byrd be off the los so far so I see him playing around 15 yards deep. I think Coach screwed the pooch with the drafting of SJB. I could be wrong but he just doesn't show the natural instincts to play corner. He was drafted because of size only and that sucks.

5. spstromain

spstromain Starter

he def needs to improve his technique first and foremost, then again you could say the same about robinson and this is year 5 for him. i just see the D really bouncing back this week across the board, different group of wideouts like u said, plus cameron may not play which would be huge and allow to key on the run.