Wes Welker, Denver Broncos In Serious Talks

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by Sweets, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Welker and the Denver Broncos are engaged in "serious" contract talks and trying to hammer out an agreement, a decision one way or another is expected on Wednesday.

We wrote days ago that a surprise team like the Broncos could pop up if Welker was allowed to hit free agency. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Wednesday that the Patriots' offer to Welker was far below expectations, which buoyed the confidence of other teams (like Denver) to get into the mix. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that talks had broken off with the Patriots.

Welker is a natural fit for Denver because they are looking for a slot receiver (sorry, Brandon Stokley) and because Welker knows how to play with one of the most prepared quarterbacks in NFL history.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

If he does go to Denver, that'll be a great signing for them. I'm sure Brady won't be happy to lose one of his favorite targets.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Manning won't mind either...lol.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

word is he has told the pats if they match the offer,he'll stay in new england.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Done deal. Hes a Bronco. If I am the patriots, I'm all over Cruz now.

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

it would cost them their 1st round draft pick would'nt it?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...better than Brady having less to throw to.

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

This. All the way.