Western Kentucky CB Derrius Brooks Runs A 4.29 In His Pro Day Workout

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Sweets, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Western Kentucky cornerback Derrius Brooks turned in a strong Pro Day workout, running the 40-yard dash in 4.29 and 4.35 seconds and according to a league source, he'll visit an AFC South team next week. The 5-foot-9, 192-pound former Western Kentucky standout also posted a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-4 broad jump and a 6.61 in the three-cone drill. Brooks participated in the Players All Star Classic in Little Rock, Ark. in February. The workout was attended by the San Francisco 49ers and the Tennessee Titans. Brooks is a converted wide receiver who led the Hilltoppers with four interceptions last season.

Source: Scout.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, that's pretty short. i don't like short cb's though. QB's are getting better at placing the ball in a precise spot and midget cb's just can't get up to where a lot of these tall receivers are grabbing the ball.

i mean, hell, what is the average WR/TE height now? 6-3? 6-4? This guy is giving up 6 inches + right off the bat and it's not as if his vertical is that great.

he may have great football instincts to go with the speed, though, which would help.

3. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

Well if he can't play corner, he could be a speedy returner...

4. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

If he has a long wingspan and good vert, I could care less about his size.