What Are You Listening To.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Omen, Dec 6, 2013.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I didn't even know it existed. Will definitely check it out.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT and TJ like this.
  3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I love this question because every time I'm asked, I give a different answer. There's just too many concerts...

Right now? I want to go see Elvis in Vegas in the 70s. I just watched the (((googles right spelling))) Baz Luhrmann biopic and I loved it and remembered a lot of the music I heard in my childhood...thanks to my dad, I was not even alive in the 70s xD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  4. DawkinsINT

Chump...I'm sure you've seen this video of Rage's first ever performance. Blows my mind how many college kids walked right past them not knowing what they were missing.

I'm with TJ in that I would give a different answer every time that I'm asked. Right now I would have a hard time passing up seeing Miles Davis in a small club during his Kind Of Blue period.

TJ likes this.
  5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The Hives are releasing a new album for the first time since 2012. That's 11 years ago. Life was so different back then. That's one of my top 3 favorite bands of all time so I'm excited.

I was going to link to the new song's video but it has some graphic violence that can be disturbing. Let's just say that wouldn't show up in the 90s MTV... but still, I added it in spotify and enjoying it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

I went through a garage rock phase of which The Hives were a part of, along with The Strokes, White Stripes, Vines, etc. I'll definitely check out their new stuff.

TJ likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

I'm really liking the new Hives album. I honestly was expecting to be disappointed.

TJ likes this.
  8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm seeing them live on november 17th in Mexico City...I can't wait!! It's one of the bands I really want to see live. Their shows are always amazing.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

That's great! Too bad it's so far away.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

They're currently touring Europe, then come to South America and Mexico at the end of the year. I'm pretty sure they'll tour the US after that but can't find the exact info. I'll keep you posted.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

After like 25 loops of the new album, my new favorite song from them is The Way The Story Goes.

I'd like to dedicate the chorus to all my haters:

I got the fighting, I got the fuzz
    I’ll sting you like a bee, you’ll know the buzz
    Strike like a cobra, fly like a drone
    When It’s over you will be my stepping stone
    Rival Joe’s in even rows, fall now like dominoes
    There is no denying baby
    That’s just the way the story goes

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Really hard to pick a favorite from the album. Right now my favorite might be Two Kinds Of Trouble. Really digging The Bomb too.

TJ likes this.
  13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Last friday I finally got to see The Hives live!! Man, it was amazing!! Those guys have tons of energy and the set list was awesome. I also got to take probably the best picture I've ever taken:

[​IMG]

During "Good Samaritan" they freeze for like a minute.

Once again, it was awesome. Top 3 concert in my life. One less item from my bucket list.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

That's awesome. Fantastic pic too!!

TJ likes this.
  15. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

So weird that Hate To Say just started playing on Indie 1.0 on SiriusXM as I was reading that.

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

New Green Day album just dropped and this one really feels like good ol' Green Day...not like that Father of All crap.

18. DawkinsINT

I haven't dug any Green Day albums in like 2 decades. I've heard the American Dream song and it's not bad though. I'll check out the whole album.

I've been listening to Jeff Rosenstock's 'Hellmode' and Bug Club's 'Rare Birds' (though I'm not a fan of the talking between songs) albums a lot lately.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Billie Joe said that this album would be like a combination between Dookie and American Idiot...bold statement as they're probably their two best albums and the ones that define both of Green Day's eras...and you know what? He's not wrong. You have your power chords punk songs, you have your angry political anthems and even a couple of ballads here and there. Pretty solid album. I haven't skipped a single song when they come up in my list...

Dilemma, Suzie Chapstick, and Strange Days Are Here To Stay are my favorites so far...but all 15 songs are good.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

I just got an alert saying that Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rancid will be playing Citizens Bank Park together in August. Looks like it will be when I'm away on vacation though. Such a bummer. At various points I was heavy into all 3 band. Rancid's 'And Out Come The Wolves' is a top 10 punk album in my book.

TJ likes this.