What Backup QB Would You Rather Have?

Discussion in 'NFL Writer's Block' started by Chipper10, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Let's just say the starting QB for your team goes down for a significant amount of time. You'd turn to the Backup. But, let's just say you had the choice to have ANY backup QB currently in the league? Who would you choose? Why would you choose them?

Remember, it doesn't matter what team that Backup currently plays for. Just think of every Backup being a FA.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Off the top of my head, I think I'd go Kyle Orton...he's not terrible, has had plenty of starter/game experience. Has been somewhat successful while doing it. Maybe Hasselbeck, but I've really never been a fan...

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

mcnabb just cause hes been here so long

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Orton, if not him then probably a guy like Garrard, experience and preparation, can't go wrong.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Hasselbeck

6. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Interesting choices. I understand experience, etc. a guy I'd look at is Yates. He did a decent job for texans last year. I might would give Tyrod Taylor a look. Just from what I've seen-which isn't much, he looks like a solid guy. Beautiful passes, saw him make some really accurate ones and he can scramble out of trouble. Garrard is an option too.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

This

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Been here so long? His last season in Philly was back in 2009, he's been gone "so long". Plus anyway you can't choose him because he's a free agent, not a backup.

Anyway, on topic, seeing as Hasselbeck and Orton are gone, I'd go with Jason Campbell. He never really had a real shot at being successful considering he was put in two of the craptiest places to be a QB (Snyder at-large Redskins & final days of Davis Oakland) and still did an average job. I'd feel more than comfortable to let him to placehold the QB position for a string of games.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't mind having Mallett as a younger guy to develop...if I were going that route.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

^Along those lines, I honestly don't mind Colt McCoy as a backup that much now that he's planted in that role and not snitching about not getting a fair shot.

11. ball in the baskett

He was a backup his last year and that would be my #1 choice plus i could see that happening if vick actually did go down

If i had to choose someone else probably would go with hasselbeck

12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This.

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I would go Hasselbeck, Mallett, Orton, McCoy. In that order.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

14. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'd say we're in a good place already with Campbell.

Orton I've lived thru & just don't like the circle the wagons mentality with the limited game plan.

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

The issue I have with that is that Donovan has no value or willingness to play backup, and as shown in both Washington and Minnesota, he's over the hill.

16. ball in the baskett

Yea but i mean if vick were to go down he would be our starter. I just think hes so used to eagles system that he would do atleast decent not great. supposedly hes in the best shape of his career now to but thats yet to be seen.

17. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Nick Foles.

18. Mallett sucks ass

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You could've just said 'The issue I have with that is that Donovan sucks butt now'.