What Player DON'T You Want Your Team To Draft With Their First Round Pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 20, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

We all have 'em....the one player that we hope we don't hear going to our team come NFL Draft day. Players with high upsides but baggage, overachievers, workout warriors...they come in all shapes and sizes. So what player do you hope your team avoids with the plague and why?

For me it's Cam Newton. To me he's got one fatal flaw, his learning curve for a pro passing game. He's too far behind in my book to be more than just a confused athlete under center looking for his first read or running. The one thing you need to be is accurate and I don't have the confidence Newton can deliver when he needs to. I'd rather go with Gabbert or trade down.

So who's your worst nightmare pick? Speak up, let yourself be heard!

2. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

Akeem Ayers. He just doesn't seem physical or strong enough to be an impact OLB in the 3-4. I think he'd turn out like Manny Lawson; good coverage OLB but a non-factor rushing the passer.

3. I think my Titans will only consider a QB or DT unless all are gone.

QB:

Cam Newton- same reasons and his off the field issues.

DT:

Nick Fairley- I don't like the way he plays the game and I think he has some bust qualities to him as well.

Corey Liuget- Definitely too early to take him there.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Von Miller..from ATM.....is that his name one we have too many lbs we have way more needs than backers

5. Anthony Castonzo

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Cam Newton, see Pat White.

1 person likes this.
  7. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Finally!!!! Someone gets it.

Rep.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

For me right now, at 6, it's Dareus. I just don't see it, and I'll be happy with most anybody who falls out of the top 5 or Robert Quinn. Here's to hoping someone takes a QB top 5.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Cam Newton. I recognize the potential there but I'm not interested in the Raiders trying to develop it. Not only do I have serious doubts that he will pan out anywhere, I don't see the fractured mess that is the Raiders FO/coaching staff as being at all conducive to his success. I'm not a fan of huge high-ceiling "potential" guys with major question marks under any circumstances though. I'll take a lower ceiling and better odds for being a solid player any day.

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I agree Axion. That's why if the Titans go QB I'd rather they go Gabbert or chose one later in the draft from the pool of Kapernick, Dalton and others.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

a 5-10 200 pound baseball player? not sure i see it

for me its nate solder. i hate him

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

A "winner", great leader, gimmick system, minimal reads, strong arm with questionable accuracy and fast QB, and White had 4 years of starting while Newton only had 1. Plus it's reasons why I don't want the Dolphins to draft him is that they tried on an athletic gimmick QB.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think for teams looking for a qb, the later rounds of the draft are going to be the way to do it. IMO there's not much of a drop from the top qb's (Gabbert, Mallet, whoever you want to lump in there) to the next level (Kaepernick, Ponder, Dalton)...IMO this definitely isn't a year that anyone should feel the need to burn a high pick on a qb. They all need work and development.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

with Saftey a glaring need last year...i dont think we need any DB. i would like a stud at RT or NT. an upgrade at either 1 of those spots would do wonders 4 our team.

15. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Well, with the Bucs I can definitely say we don't need a QB, so I hope and am pretty confident they won't draft one. Since they are drafting in the first round at around #18-19, I hope we get an elite pass rusher to compliment our DTs.

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Good call! I watched him against Cal & Oklahoma and saw him routinely get blown apart round the outside. Whilst he's tall, he's way too lanky and never gets any real leverage on the defender, plus he can do with at least 30lbs on him. Very athletic when moving to the next level but laterally as said earlier he seems to get easily beaten by speed rushers and honestly, unless he gets a couple of years of real solid coaching I can't see how anyone could justify spending a first rounder on him, let alone the top half.

Reminds me of Jared Veldheer, who went in the 3rd Round last year, although he probably would have gone higher if he wasn't a small school prospect.

For the Rams, I'm not too hot on Corey Liuget and Ryan Kerrigan at the moment, but other than that there isn't anyone that I'm fiercely against...yet.

17. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Not a wide out which is apparently a need for the Giants according to Mel Kiper? No more d linemen either we have the most stacked defensive line in the game, if we did take a defensive linemen I want a god **mn tackle that is actually good. I'd like to see us revamp our o line, age is catching up with them as evidence with all the injuries last year.

18. I disagree. I think when he plays with technique few are going to beat him off the edge.... when he plays with technique he has rare agility, which he has shown flashes of doing.

Agreed to me Liuget is a 2nd rounder.

You guys already have a player similar to Kerrigan in Chris Long.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  19. Is Linval Joseph no good?

20. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I have yet to see him play and make an impact? Football was his job, JPP played what 7 games before the NFL? He caught on pretty damn fast.