What Player DON'T You Want Your Team To Draft With Their First Round Pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 20, 2011.

1. I was jw. I know y'all grabbed him in round 2 last year.

2. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Gabbert. Just don't see why people are so high on him. Would rather Cam Newton frankly.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Chris Long has been a machine on the edge this season and if he repeats it next year he could easily be in the Pro Bowl, which is something I'm not sure whether Kerrigan has the potential to be. Stable presence outside maybe, but not someone that I could see Co-Ordinators losing sleep over in three years time.

I could easily us taking Aldon Smith if we were to take an End, the guy's almost born to play in Spags D.

4. agreed on all counts Andy.

Yep that's actually who I have the Rams taking in my latest mock haha.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

looking at pick 32.... i dont want to waste a high pick reaching for an offensive linemen. dont get me wrong, there are great players coming out ...but i think later rounds can produce a solid player like the pack has been doing for the last few years.

DO NOT DRAFT A QB - lol
    DO NOT DRAFT A WR/CB - unless its a special team return specailist.... that would be crazy but fans would love it.

6. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Cam Newton! Don't think he'll be worth a crap in the pro's

7. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Picking at 32 I really don't have any such player I don't want only certain positions and those positions consist of: QB, RB, STY, TE, FB, K & P Everything else is fair game

I would like more depth on the offensive line
    A deep threat at WR
    And another CB
    I will then be happy.

8. why not a RB dough?

9. Franchise 5

Franchise 5 Rookie

Von Miller. Please no. Not in the 1st round.

10. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Before this season I would have sai Hell yes but with Ryan Grant being under contract and Starks playin the way he did. Starks is only going to get better and if you draft a running back in the first round he will be contractually obligated to start or at least play alot in the near future. I'm not saying to not take a running back, I'm just saying to not take one in the first round. The positions I mentioned above I think are most of need along with OLB.

11. interesting.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I can see why RB isn't a priority. I would think inside linebacker would be a major issue with A.J. Hawk and Nick Barnett not exactly locks to return.

13. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

I would stay away from Jonathan Baldwin unless u have an opening at TE for him to fall back on.

14. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Odds are at least 1 of the 2 will be back. (Hawk, Barnett)

15. BTMaverick84

BTMaverick84 Death Dealer

Whomever runs the fastest 40 time.... Take him in the later rounds like Jocoby Ford.

16. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

My thoughts exactly. If you can get a wide out that can blow the top off a defense and open up the middle for Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley and company, man the possibilities. Although it doesn't have to be the fastest 40 I think someone in the 4.35 - 4.45 range will do?

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Gotta have hands too.

18. apparently that guy Desmond Bishop is really good.

19. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

Not for sure if that was rhetorical or if you really want to know. Yeah, Bishop is really good and when he got his chance he never looked back and he was a huge reason for the Packers post-season success. He will be 1 of 2 starting line-backers next season. The other being either Barnett or Hawk. My guess? The Packers come to new terms on a new contract with Hawk and look to trade or release Barnett.