What Should The Packers Do About Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Chrisbob, Jul 14, 2008.

?

What's the best option for the Packers with Brett Favre

Poll closed Jul 28, 2008.
  1. Bring him back, make him the starter

12.5%
  2. Bring him back, allow him to battle for the starting job

6.3%
  3. Hold his rights and allow him back if need be but he'll re-retire

18.8%
  4. Give him his release

21.9%
  5. Trade him

34.4%
  6. Other (please state)

6.3%
  1. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Nope - media. He was asked if he was coming back many times and said nothing, and after the draft, he said yes. Why should he have to entertain such dumb butt questions about retirement every year when there were guys way older than him still playing? :dontknow:

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow. you're going to completely ignore reality and not see an issue with waiting until after the draft. ok.

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

No, you not getting it. He is NOT the one who kept bringing up the retirement issue is my point. It was the media. Year after year. I just see no point in him answering stupid questions, unless he would have said, " I think I might retire this year."

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

You're really just hating on the guy.

He's signed for 3 more years...$39M...are you telling me that they want to hold on to him for 3 years as a back up for that price tag? That's some good business decisions there...

The Packers forced his hand in March. At the time he retired. That's how he felt. Big deal he changed his mind.

The Packers didn't have to draft 2 QB's - Favre had nothing to do with Thompson's draft. That was just potentially dumb on their part to start with. Why would they offer Culpepper a deal if they were content on Flynn, Brohm and Rodgers? A veteran to back up Rodgers? Brohm as the third and Flynn on a practice squad? No need to draft Flynn. I'll give you drafting Brohm, but don't try to say Flynn. Regardless of what Favre did, they needed to draft another QB because if the Aaron Rodgers experiment doesn't work, they needed something in training...

He asked for his release because the Packers told him they were going in a different direction. How's that his fault? If he wants to play and the Packers aren't letting him play in Green Bay, let him play elsewhere. They want value for him, but he has none...

The Packers are at fault just as much as Favre.

5. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Tell him to go play QB in the CFL.

I love Brett Favre alot. But, STFU, already.

6. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

He told them he was retiring and they ran their draft based off of that. I can't believe some of you don't see that. So they weren't supposed to take him at his word and draft differently? They can't just release him because he's going to go to Minnesota or Chicago and beat GB's butt twice this year. That would be so far beyond totally freaking stupid. I don't have a problem with him wanting to "unretire" but he has to understand that the team has to do what's in their best interest and he has guided that interest with his "retirement".