Who Is Your Draft Man Crush

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Nov 17, 2009.

1. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Speaking of wide receivers, what do you draft junkies think of Dezmon Briscoe? I'm biased but I think he has the tools to excel at the next level.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He comes from a gimmick offense so he might take awhile to adjust.

3. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

He's got the size and although his 40 times don't seem good, 4.5-4.6, he plays fast. He has really good hands and does a good job of using his size. What I like is that he hasn't really run into a team that could really shut him down. Reesing has struggled this year so his numbers aren't as good as last year. When he plays against the likes of OU and Texas he makes plays and doesn't disappear against good competition.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Ok but as a pro prospect, learning routes takes times and you need to learn how to do that in the NFL.

5. Football Is Everything

Football Is Everything Child Please!

JOE HADEN!

I would love to see him follow in the footsteps of Sheldon Brown or Asante!

6. Taylor Mays:

[​IMG]

Terrance Cody:

[​IMG]

Eric Berry:

[​IMG]

Carlos Dunlap:

[​IMG]

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Wow you like Dunlap and Mays? Mind if I ask why?

8. well i like Mays cause of how he plays the S position kinda like a bigger version of Polamalu. i say that cause i do not like Eric Weddle, nothing against Weddle but i just dont like the fact AJ Smith gave up multiple picks to move up to get him. I like Dunlap because the Chargers DE opposite Luis Castillo is pretty much by committee, add to the fact that Castillo isnt the most durable guy its a no brainer. its pretty rare to find a 3-4 DE that can get to the QB and since UF loves to run 3-3-5 its pretty obivious that Dunlap is a special player at a premium position...

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You're not worried about Dunlaps lazyness and character issues(DUI)? As for Mays, he doesn't make enough plays IMO.

10. thats an issue i agree but im sure Dunlap will learn from his DUI arrest, if hes playin this good as a lazy player id love to see what he can do if hes motivated which im sure he will have alot to prove since he got arrested and cost himself alot of money. in Mays i love the aggressiveness. its no coincidence that the Chargers D is playing better since Clinton Hart got the ax and Kevin Ellison was inserted into the starting lineup. i dont mind giving up the big play from time to time just as my S are makin the others teams WR pay the price. too many times ive seen Weddle miss a tackle or simply just cant make the play, Mays would solve that imo...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

keep in mind that i dont think Kevin Ellison is the SOLE reason why SD has improved defensively, but Clinton Hart was a major reason why the D was getting gouged earlier in the season...

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mays just sits back 20 yards and tries to lay the boom, thats about it

12. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Far from true, and Mays will be good at the next level.

13. K Train

i really have doubts about that....great athlete, will be drafted high based on ability alone but hes one of the most overhyped prospects ive seen in a while.

14. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I also don't think he will be great, and he is overhyped but he should definitely be a quality start in the NFL.

15. K Train

he'll be ok imo, hes certainly a unique player, hes gonna need to go somewhere that his potential can be maximized

16. Football Is Everything

Dunlap will beast it up in the NFL.

If he played today the Gators would of won.

There defense isn't the same w/out him.

The DUI thing is bull crap. Didn't Warren Sapp have character issues coming out of College? He turnded out pretty damn good.

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sapp never had work ethic issues and a one year wonder as Dunlap is. Dunlap produced last year and that was it, this year he has done nothing to warrent a high draft pick.

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:icon_eek:

19. Football Is Everything

Didnt you notice how mcElroy had ALL day to throw?

Dunlap takes 2 OL and a back or TE chipping him leaving the DTs and LB to either be 1-on-1 or in the backers case to roam free up the middle of through the 1 and 4 gaps.

20. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Grant it he might have helps, might, but saying he will beast the NFL by being lazy and stupid is crazy.