Who Stands The Best Chance Of Beating The Patriots?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Walnuts, Nov 24, 2007.

?

Patriots might well lose to...

1. Philadelphia Ea...oh why bother, they don't stand a chance...

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Baltimore Rav..Rav...BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pittsburgh Steelers

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  4. New York Punk Snitches

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Miami Heat (what, thats the only professional sports team in the city, right?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Eli Manning

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ok, this is not meant as a debate about whether or not the Patriots can or will go undefeated. Anyone who knows anything knows that they will. To say otherwise is just crazy talk. I just want to know, in y'alls opinion, who on their remaining schedule has the best chance of playing spoiler to the inevitable?

I'm including the Eggles even though they play in less than 24 hours and they are, after all, only the Eggles, and certainly not deserving of consideration in a discussion about who might beat the almighty Patriots.

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Pittsburgh in week 14 or Giants week 17

3. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Ok, gonna try not to go completely homer here, but i do think the steelers CAN....by no means is that saying they will because they are a bunch of freaking underacheivers.

They do match up well with them.

Ike tayor, is a big, physical corner AND he can run with the best of them, ask chad johnson and TO. Obviously moss is threat #1, he must be taken away, or at least slowed down. Bryant Mcfadden/Dehsea Townsend can easily handle Stallworth, Stallworth without a moss across the field is a very very average WR. The tricky part is about the matchup is welker, FS anthony smith better be in coverage all day, hes very strong in pass defense, but hes gonna need to be over the top helping Taylor with moss. Welker needs to be limited by a Linebacker, troy cant be counted on because he over pursues everything and welker will destroy him in the open field, our LBs are very athletic and can hang with welker, and are disciplined tacklers...unlike polamalu. But we cant be having all of our LBs running around in coverage, because if brady has all day....we will lose plain and simple. So we need a good pass rush from harrison and haggans. Timmons is likely to see time at all LB spots, and he will excel in coverage along with foot and farrior. graham is always a threat, and troy needs to negate that threat, and covering TEs is something i do have faith in him to do. The key is, pressure brady, and hit the WRs...moss cant handle being hit, and yet no one does...our safeties and corners hit very hard, Anthony Smith must have a big game. I envy tom bradys protection....yes, i have protection envy. Our line is not terrible, as much as it is sporadic...very inconsistant but can be dominate nonetheless. Willie needs to come up big.

New Englands defense is the essence of overratedness...they are very highly ranked, but that offense is so good that teams get desperate....making the defenses stats godly. They are a very old defense, and that age showed against their only 2 capable opponents the cowboys and colts. they were worn down without question. But when you look at the stats. NE is #1 in every offensive category....steelers are #1 in defensive categories....thats a good matchup. NE is in the top 10 in most defensive categories....steelers are top 10 in most offensive categories.

It is a tough game without a question, thats probably the understatement of the year, but in dec....that air attack will be grounded a little bit, and the steelers have the ability to dictate the ground game. Weather is the ultimate equalizer in sports and in mid december, up in NE....who knows what can happen. HFA is the most overrated thing ever, and when you play in similar climates, the home field means nothing....while the weather can mean everything for both teams.

5. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I went with the Steelers,but it would take their best possible game,and the Pats turning the ball over 5-6 times. You have to run the ball on them,where they have showed weakness at times. If you have to beat them with the pass you'r screwed. They are too good up front,and their secondary is solid.

6. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

The Broncos will beat them in the AFC Championship game. :lol:

7. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

The only team that even has a prayer is the Tinners on the 9th. And like Dawg said, it'll take the game of the year for Pittsburgh to win it. Of course, watching them choke on the road this year makes me less wary of them than I would've been two weeks ago... but oh well.

The Jets... and then that idiot wonders why I nominated him for the Homer award. wow.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Injuries, only injuries can beat them :eek:hboy:

9. i went with pittsburgh but i don't think they will :icon_sad:

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Steelers have the most legit shot at doing it

11. panthergrl

panthergrl One and Only GTO Woman

I say the Steelers,hope they can pull it off though!!! Loved the poll picks especially the Miami one lmao!!!! Well if Mr Wayne Huizenga would pull his head outta his butt hed have great teams down here!!!! The Dullfins suck,my Fla Panthers hockey team sucks,need i say more???

12. dolphindude13

:sad5: I guess bashing my Fins is more tolerable since your a Cardinal fan!

13. panthergrl

panthergrl One and Only GTO Woman

Yeah well not only that youre a Blues fan and theyre my second fav hockey team,Im actually from Tha Lou so i gotta love me some Cards and Blues!!!

14. dolphindude13

Cool...I live about 100 miles south of St Louis on the Illinois side of the river. I go up to see a few Cards and Blues games each year....I won't ever go back to that freaken dome the Rams play in though...biggest letdown of my life!

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Yet two teams that the Eagles beat are? :icon_scratch:

I picked the Eagles, ftw. :fu09:

16. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

:icon_rolleyes: HOMER.:icon_cheesygrin:

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:buttrock:

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

OH MY GRANDERSON, could Dawkins be a prophet? It's close at halftime...

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

They were exposed even more in a big way, that defense is old and has been reaping the benefits of an explosive offense...Feeley almost had 400 yards.....freaking goober

20. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Steelers are the best team left on their schedule. Giants might have a chance but only because it's the last game of the season and it won't mean a thing to the Pats except undefeated season. It might be playoffs or no playoffs for Giants.