Who Would You Take At #1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Weezy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

A QB relies on... the line, running game, receiving core.

A tackle relies on...

A tackle of Long's caliber can go to basically any club, and be successful at his job.

2. ^ True dat, but a potentially great QB doesnt come around every year

3. Marion Who?

Haven't seen enough of Ryan to pass a confident judgement, but I think Jake Long is great.

Anybody sense that Ryan will endup going to Miami/Atlanta and becoming 2008's most unlucky player, and Miami/Atlanta becoming the talent wasters of 2008? :icon_rolleyes:

4. If he even starts this year,

either way
    Joe Flacco = Best Rookie lol

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Don't get me wrong, I love Jake Long.......I just think the Fins most immediate need is someone to build their franchise around and put asses in the seats. Jake Long isn't that guy imo. Fins have needed a good QB since Marino left and this looks to be their best shot at getting one.

6. Marion Who?

Start or not, he's still dumped with the worst franchise in the NFL ATM (Falclowns) or an addmitedly improving, but still shcoking franchise in the Dolphins.

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Chris Long

*proud UVA homer* :buttrock:

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

So does a Center...:icon_wink:

9. M1LEHIGH

M1LEHIGH Backup Clipboard Holder

Gholston has potential to be the next Merriman, but i think the Long kid would be the best bet.....He reminds me of Aaron Smith from the Steelers. Solid all around, with a non-stop motor.

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:groan: :glare: :whatever:

11. Marion Who?

Lighten up...

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

gholston or jake long

13. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

McFadden hands down, speaking as if I were drafting for the Cardinals. He has unbelievable speed, great vision, can take a hit, and has great size. I could care less about his supposed lack of lower body strength. Its called a strength and conditioning program, it can be worked on. Its not as if hes lacking something that can't be taught, like speed for instance. Character issues are null for me as well, you can't really use that as a judge for NFL talent. Plenty of great players get into trouble off the field, it still doesn't change the fact that they help their team win every sunday. Look at Randy Moss for example, dropped to 23 because of character problems. Still has those same problems, and how many of those 22 teams would have taken him in retrospect?

14. The Boss

The Boss Lifestyle......Flashy

Chris Long.:bowdown:

[​IMG]

Will he be better than his father?

Hell, I dunno. But the dude looks and sounds like a football player. He has the phsyical tools and seems to have the mental tools on top of it.

Him and McFadden are the jewels of this draft, Gholston looks impressive also.

15. BigBuckeyeFan

BigBuckeyeFan Team Veteran

I would go with Gholston. He is still very raw and the sky could be the limit for him