Who Woulda Thought The Falcons Could Be 4-2??

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by happ, Oct 12, 2008.

1. happ

happ PECAVI

Wow! What a great finish. Jamaal finally showed up and Matt Ryan saved the day with a fantastic pass with 11 seconds left in the game, setting up the game winning field goal. Our defense played tough, stuffing Forte on a 4th down run from just outside the endzone and even though Elam missed the field goal that would have iced the game, it was awesome that he got the chance to atone for it. I watched it in a sportsbar with a half dozen Bears fans, and was the only Falcons fan. Boy, was it tough not to celebrate more than I did.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I didn't see it coming, Didn't think yall would be 4-2, Much less 2-4 :rollinglaugh:

Thought yall blew the game in the late seconds, but soft coverage by the Bears and a great catch by Jenkins sets up Elam for the game winning kick.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Matt Ryan must be the leading candidate for Rookie Of The Year.

3 big things for the falcons have happened. Roddy White has emerged! They have a QB. AND Michael Turner.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Roddy White hasn't just emerged, hes been playing at just as high as a level last 2 seasons, Just had no one else to help.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Keep in mind this was a playoff conteneder before the whole Vick fiasco

With Vick this team was built to dominate on the ground, and they still can

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Roddy has emerged.... Last year he was good but this year hes looking like a top 5 Wide Receiver... Yup yah YAH I said it. OOOOhhh.

Oh and they have a KICKER! lol...

7. ThePhantomTBag

ThePhantomTBag Watch 4 Falling Balls

I thought Turner would be a great addition for them, but not this big of a help this fast. The ground game wasn't the question and with a defense that is playing up to potential, they would be a fierce contender for years with the youth they have.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Biggest kudos go to the Rookie Coach and Rookie QB. Hats off to them. They look like they've been doing this for several years now. Ryan a rookie?.....he's cool and efficient from the little I've seen.

9. ThePhantomTBag

ThePhantomTBag Watch 4 Falling Balls

I really like how Smith has their defense playing. Ryan looks like the Matty Ice he was billed to be, and not the occasional suckfest he would be in college. At least he usually played bad against FSU

10. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

never seen it coming but now hoping they go all the way

11. Stebo13

Stebo13 Starter

I was at this game and the fans were loving it. I have seen the fans this pumped for a long time.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You and me both.

When Herm went and scouted Ryan last year I was so scared we were gonna draft him.

I still don't think it would have been the best decision had we drafted him, but he's made it a lot further in the NFL than I thought he would at this point.

That being said the Falcons O line gives him way more time than he would get in KC.

13. happ

happ PECAVI

As many bad things that have happened to this franchise over the years, it's nice to have a reason to hope and smile. We hit the jackpot with Ryan, and I'm happy to admit I was wrong to be upset we drafted him instead of Dorsey. Smith and Dimitroff were great hires, and the trade up to get Baker was a great call. I'm very impressed with the way things are being run in Atlanta these days, and I've never been able to say that before, even when Reeves took us to the Super Bowl. He could coach, but really left a lot to be desired as a GM.

14. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

I never saw this oming. At this point in the season, i thought Atlanta would be 1-5. Without a doubt, their offensive line has played well this season. Even in the game against the Bucs, I could see how improved they were.

I doubt they'll win the division, but they woun't be an easy win for anyone.

15. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

me. that's right. before the season started I predicted the Falcons would win the division because every year in that division the last place team from the year before wins the division the next year and everyone was like yeah right.

16. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I thought they could go .500 or so but I thought they would come on towards the end of the season. I just thought it would take the young guys a few games to get acclimated to the NFL's level of play. Ryan has looked great as well as Baker. Our last draft was killer along with the Turner signing. We still need a few pieces but with the way the front office and coaching staff has performed thus far, I have no reason to believe that they can't get that accomplished.

17. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I had us down for 3-3 or 2-4 KC DET and Chicago before the season none of them looked liked forces..in division losses i expected but hopefully with this boost we can start picking up some wins there - where they are most needed

Our D and Run game are such mysterys. I understand the whole idea of prevent with 2minutes to go but it caved what houston was doing on that TD pass to Davis i doubt he even knows. And if Turner can get some consistency (say and average of 100 yards not 200 then 30 then 180 etc) Ryan will continue to develop and i think we could have an out side shot at a play off place.

18. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

That O line is mean.

19. happ

happ PECAVI

Once Ryan and the WRs not named Roddy are more consistent, that will come. Teams can really just stack the box and take away the run. Unfortunately, Roddy seems to be the only WR/TE we have that a team has to respect. If Laurent Robinson can stay healthy or Jenkins can make the easy catches, it will go a long way to improving the entire offense. We may have just seen the first step toward a great career by Ryan, but don't get too excited yet. It's a long season and we'll steal a game or two, but we'll also have the same done to us. The good news is that with 10 games left, if we go .500 from here on out, we'll be 9-7, and if we are fortunate, a playoff contender.

20. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Worse time possible for our bye week though

we have 2 relativly huge wins(considering where we were a beginning of the season) would much prefer to carry on our momentum