Wide Receiver Could Be A Draft Option For Steelers 2014 First-Round Pick

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Jan 26, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

With only wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery unsigned among their key personnel on offense, the Steelers likely will concentrate on retooling a declining defense during the offseason.

Still, Ben Roethlisberger probably can't help but wonder what this 20th-ranked offense, for all of its second-half improvement, might look like if he had another elite receiver to throw to besides Antonio Brown.

Clemson's Sammy Watkins could be such a receiver — the Steelers don't care that he's 6-foot and not 6-3 — and the only question might be whether he slides to No. 15, where they choose in the first round May 8.

If he doesn't, Marqise Lee, who had 20 touchdown catches in three seasons at Southern Cal, probably will be there. Again, the Steelers wouldn't care that he's 5-111⁄2, given their success with not-tall receivers.

Source: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5443207-74/420000-steelers-570000#ixzz2qqj7kYa4

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I would LOVE Sammy Watkins there. Don't think he'll last that long though...

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I think he goes #2 to the woeful Rams and the woeful Sam Bradford.

Aussie61 likes this.
  4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

The receiver class seems pretty deep.Watkins should be gone by #15,but in the draft anything can happen.Who knows,Steelers might get lucky.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Got lucky with DeCastro falling a few years ago. I think 3-4 QBs may have to go in order for this to happen...