Will Redskins QB Donovan McNabb Be A Viking In 2011?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Sweets, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Frazier likes second-year QB Joe Webb, who impressed during a late-season upset victory at Philadelphia. But Webb clearly isn't ready to start regularly. Although Vikings coach Leslie Frazier and player personnel vice president Rick Spielman are noncommittal about their starting quarterback when next season begins, it's beginning to look more and more as if it could be veteran Donovan McNabb. Chances seem slim the Vikings will take a QB with their No. 12 pick in the NFL draft that begins April 28, although they are expected to choose one later, maybe in the second round. The Vikings still have enough overall veteran talent to keep them from rebuilding, so turning over the reins to an unproven QB simply seems too risky, Owner Zygi Wilf still seems to be in a win-now mode.

Source: Pioneer Press

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I hope so i dont want him to be a redskin cause i cant root for him while hes wearing those colors. Im happy that we found a good replacment for him and want to see him do really well somewhere. I would like it to be the afc but the vikings would be cool to. Then hope for a vikings eagles nfc championship game

3. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I'll take it

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I hope he goes, the way Kyle and Mike have treated him has been pathetic, using him as a scapegoat has really pissed me off.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

When he gets beat out of a job by Joe Webb, I wonder what all of the 'experts' will say is the reason. Racism? Ageism? Coach doesn't like a jokester?

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

He won't get beat by Joe cause Joe isn't ready yet, as much as I'd love to see him as the starter.

Bringing in a guy like McNabb, who's really only got 2 years left before he's completely useless gives him a chance to learn from a vet. Hell, look at what Reid and Mcnabb were able to teach Vick.

7. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Ha no chance on that nfc championship. But yeah I could definitely see this happeneing for sure.

8. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Its a good move by the Vikings, use McNabb for a year or two than bring in Webb. Not bad, I hope it happens McNabb is being treated like crap by the Redskins. He DOESN'T DESERVER THAT.

9. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

The chances of McNabb being a Viking went down drastically as soon as Charley Walters wrote this.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

McNabbs already useless

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Old Man Favre became a Pro Bowler behind that line, Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, and Visanthe Shiancoe. I'm not naive enough to think that McNabb couldn't be productive in that system. He won't win any postseason games, but he could string together a winning season. Maybe.

12. Jihad Joe

Old man Farve was a much better QB when he came to Minnesota then McNabb is now

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Well Brett came off a pretty crapty season with the Jets when he joined the Vikings, but I do agree with this. McNabb couldn't win the big games at his peak, what would make Minnesota think he would now he's over the hill.

Trying to coup Orton would be far more beneficial in my view.

14. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

The difference would be in Minnesota McNabb isn't expected to do EVERYTHING. Remember in Philly he was the driving force of that team, in Minnesota he'll have a full compliment, including a running back that will be USED.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

McNabb might be able to manage the Vikings offense. But if they are looking for him to carry them in any game, good luck. Those days are long gone.

16. Jihad Joe

His last season in Philadlephia against good teams exposed him. If he doesnt have a clean pocket he even be counted on to make the check downs. Especially if he cant step up in the pocket. He turned into Rex Grossman minus the insane amount of INT's

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was less than Rex Grossman...:wink:

18. Jihad Joe

Grossman can at least beat an outside rush.

Mcnabb at this point needs the inside clean, the outside sealed and his WR to have a body length on the cb