World Champion Philadelphia Phillies Prize Giveaway

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by 86WARD, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

WORLD SERIES IS BACK WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!

2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I think I have heard it 8 times already. I love Harry.

3. mike oxlong

you and me both MG, Harry the K is the freaking man

4. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Congrats Phillies!!! Glad to see the National Division win! :icon_cheesygrin:

5. mike oxlong

thanks N1, have some celebration champagne

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

As a long time Braves fan I never thought Id say this
    But congrats Phillie fans
    Cole Hamels and Chase Utley are motherfreaking STUDS

7. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

Congrats Phillies and to all Phillies Fans ! :icon_smile:

8. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

true, but we still wore it anyway.

wow, wow man, i am just i don't know - totally estatic. i can not describe in words how i feel really. it's was little of everything on that last strike - ephoria for wiping away 25years of disappointment and losing. seeing my 14yr old son celebrate, rambling on to his grandfather about what just happened. the sadness that i wasn't celebrating with a couple of my closet friends as they had passed away. the numbness of realizing we actually did it.

we are what we are around here, sports is not just a thing that we spent some time on, it's part of our culture, we truely live and die with our teams, depression setting in when our teams fall short and now finally, the joy of being a champion.

thank you phillies ! :cope:

10. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

QFT!!

11. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

It's still sad that Ashburn isn't around for this Championship.

After watching Harry call that last play last night I don't know how Wheels didn't scream in excitement like everyone else in the stadium! Such composure!

12. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

congratulations phillies fans! awesome game. awesome job.

13. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Isn't it ironic that it took Pat Gillick, the architect of that same Blue Jays team that beat ya'll, to finally win a championship of your own. Sorry, a 3 day long suspended game can never top Joe Carter's walk off HR to win it.

Congrats.

14. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Gillick isn't the one who played each and every game you fool. The players did. A man can build the team but the players need to win the games.

Who said anything about topping Joe Carter's HR? All I said was Joe Carter who? His ghost is no longer haunting Philadelphia. Buy a clue, Wide Right.

Oh wait. Just notice you are a Mets fan. That explains so much. Maybe next year you can 3peat. The Nationals look like a team who can go from Worst to First.

15. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Relax. I said congrats.

Damn you Phillies fans are miserable even when you win. Go boo Mike Schmidt or something. Again, congrats on your championship.

hugs & kisses,
    Mets fan

Thanks for the car Ward. I'll paint it blue. :icon_mrgreen:

16. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

No one is miserable. You just couldn't say congrats and leave it at that, you're the one who had to throw in you're 2 cents. I'm throwing mine right back at you.

17. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

I don't remember any of that.

I do remember the Phillies winning three straight N.L. East titles back in the mid 70's with Danny Ozark at the helm.

Who's miserable? We partied in the street all night! We're having a friggin' parade- shuttin' down the city- tomorrow. You couldn't wipe the smile off of my face with a electric sander if you tried!

18. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Drew has his own ring :icon_cheesygrin:

19. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_lol:

So does Rolen, but they can still kiss them.:icon_mrgreen:

...and, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock:

20. mike oxlong