World Series- Philadelphia Phillies Vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

lol

in 2009

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he also didn't mention the Phillies had the best bullpen in the league or madsen with a .50 ERA in the last month+ or JC Romero. It will be a fun series, that's for sure

3. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

:icon_cheesygrin:

Oh, jeez, add Romero - the Rays' pitchers are still better....

4. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

dont forget madson

5. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Don't worry we'll knock some homers off those Ray's pitchers and they'll be nothing to worry about Sue!

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

From just a baseball fan, I would lean towards the Phillies taking the Series.....but don't disregard the youth of the Rays......they may not understand that they are SUPPOSE to lose because they're young Mike.

7. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

East coast American league eastern division promoter. Go RAYS!!!!!!!!!!

8. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

That sound you heard around 11:40pm tonight was the bodies of FOX TV Execs bodies hitting the ground as they jumped off buildings.

There's going to be TV Infomercials that draw better than this World Series will.

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm sorry, I just find it funny that you criticize suedon for her homerism and then you start throwing stats and telling how awesome the Phillies are :lol:

That's all I got to say...carry on :icon_cheesygrin:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cannot wait for this to start!!!!! GO PHILLIES!!!!

11. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

ahahahahahaha

It'll still be a good series...one of the few that I'm interested in that the Sox aren't in.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Go DEVIL rays!!!!

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I disagree, overall across the country I think the ratings will be fine, you may have a drop in mega-markets like New York, Chicago or LA but lots of your average fans will turn out and root for the Rays and their "feel good story". Every ones sick of the Yankees, Red Sox or Mets being annointed the Second Coming every year.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

2 more days cant wait :icon_cheesygrin:

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

wait, price > lidge ?? :laughy32: :laughy32: :laughy32:

16. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Yep, I'm sayin' it......:icon_cheesygrin:

Now THAT ^^^^ is homerism, Mike.....:icon_cheesygrin:

17. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

GO PHILLIES!

18. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Lidge in the WS is gonna fold faster than a 2/7 offsuit poker hand.....:rofl:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's what was said in the regular season, then the divisional series, then the nlcs. keep hoping for it.

the lamest excuse for a fanbase is going to choke on their cowbells. haaaa, cowbells, you fans need them to make enough noise and you're in a dome for christ sakes !! :laughy32:

20. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Hey, it beats those lame-ass thunderstix used by the Brewer fans and the gay & cheesy Angels' "Rally Monkey" any day. Besides, the Rays fans were making plenty of noise without the cowbells....:icon_cheesygrin: