World Series- Philadelphia Phillies Vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Oct 19, 2008.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Played the homer card.

2. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

x2

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

the rays should be sending uggla thank you cards.

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I forgot how horrible he was that game. Really, we should all be thanking Bud Selig. I know the old method of alternating wasn't much better, but is it really that hard to say "hey, maybe we should give HFA in the World Series to the team who had the better regular season record"? He lucked out this year, since the right team got it, but eventually that's going to bite some team in the butt. Why should one game in the middle of the season determine who would host the most important game (game 7 of the World Series) of the season.

5. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

GO RAYS!

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

The only concern I have about the fan situation is the Phillies hold Spring Training in Clearwater. About 15 mins away from the Trop so there might be more the a few Phillie fans at the games.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think there will be a good number of Phillies fans at those Tampa games. Same can't be said for Tampa in Philly.

The forecast for the Weekend in Philly could possibly be brutal...there's two rain storms that have a chance to converge and stall over the northeast...

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't see how giving the home field advantage to a team with the better regular season record is any better than the current system when it comes to the World Series.

It's not like every team in the league plays each other the same amount of games or that all divisions are equally as strong.

At various times both leagues and the division that you are in will help pad your record.

I have zero problem with making the All Star Game mean something. There is no perfect way to decide who gets HFA.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Funny how the dome is in the wrong city huh???:icon_rolleyes:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

sorry i can't agree with you there dawk. having the better record for a 162 game schedule should mean more than who won a glorified pick-up game in july.

players love money and the league makes tons of it - give the winners of the all-star game a heavy payckeck for their efforts and allow the season to determine HFA.

with that said .......

IT'S GAMEDAY MOFO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Folks get ready for a great series. I think it will be Phillies in 7

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^^^ :cope:

if the game is rained out sat or sunday there's a chance hamels could pitch 3 games including game 7 if needed.

14. DawkinsINT

I would agree if they played the same opponents as each other. I prefer alternating each season or the current system. It doesn't matter though, there's no perfect method to determine who truly deserves home field advantage.

Dear God,

Make It Rain!!!!!!

:buttrock:

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

[​IMG]

Sorry, buddy, but we've already made our way down there and have been to some games already. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm sure there will be tons of Philly fans there. Not just because of how many live there, but because it's actually just as cheap (and much more efficient) to buy good seats to the game in Tampa and plane tickets for the flight as it is to get standing room only tickets for the games here.

16. DawkinsINT

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Sounds like a good amount of Phils fans down there...

Chills...

SUCKS!

The Backstreet Boys??? WTF!

Backside Boys are better...lol.

18. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

heck the backstreet boys. im watchin the flyers. let me know when theyr done singing

19. DawkinsINT

The Rays have The Backstreet Boys to sing the National Anthem? How gay. We got this crap already.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

PLAY BALL!