Would You Celebrate If The Patriots Go 19-0?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by seanq, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Would you enjoy watching the Patriots make NFL history

1. Absolutely! Go Pats!!!

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. Yes. (even though I might hate myself for it in March)

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. No. The sooner they loose the better.

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. seanq

seanq Starter

Would you celebrate if the Patriots go 19-0 and break the '72 Dolphins record?

Granted, a lot of fans of teams the Patriots still have to play this year will want their team to be the one to knock them down. But as a fan of football, would you be excited to watch the Patriots make NFL history?

2. tstlkevanilla

tstlkevanilla Pro Bowler

well d'uh :icon_wink:

3. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

why not? Donte' is on that team... :blush2:

Seriously though, it'd be kind of cool to watch history be made.

4. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

I Want To Watch Them *loose

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'd rather have my balls cut off with a butter knife!:flipa: I think they'll lose to either the Steelers or the Giants the last game of the season while they're resting everyone for the playoffs.

6. seanq

seanq Starter

While the Patriots do generally play with a "team first, only getting to the playoffs and winning the Superbowl really matter" attitude, Belichick is enough of a NFL history buff, and understand the desires of his players, that if they are 15-0 when they get to the Giants, there is no way he is holding them back. He might rotate out the starters as long as they have a solid lead. But they can all rest a bit during their first week bye.

7. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

But Tom Brady and Bellirod would be the first ones to say "They DONT care about records!"

8. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

A competitive machine like Brady doesn’t care about records?

I’m confused.

9. seanq

seanq Starter

Of course they care. But records come a distant second to winning Superbowl's. ... Though I suppose you could say the # of Superbowl wins is just the record that is most important to them.

10. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

It'd be good to see, even though I dislike the Pats I can respect what they're doing and how it's paying off. I would applaude them if they went 19-0, I'd probably cheer for them in the Superbowl just to make sure they did go 19-0. It's a big achievement, we wont see it too often, so you've got to applaud this kind of thing.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

i hope we beat em!

12. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

13. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i would celebrate if someone beat them i really hate them they are good but u dont have to talk about them every second and everyday on nfl total access thats all they talk about

14. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Normally,maybe not,but the team is on the we hate all you whinners,so anybody they can heck up this year will be hecked up, including that 72 Fins.
    Will I celebrate? Most of 2008,with an option on 2009.

15. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Cheer? God no

Applaud/respect? Yea

16. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

agreed

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, and then they run up the score.

I'm sure the 1972 Dolphins would be celebrating too.

18. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

I want Denver to beat them in the AFC Championship game.
    Denver can make history as being the only 7-9 team to make the playoffs. :lol:

19. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I didn't vote because none of the options reflect my opinion on this subject.....would I celebrate and jump for joy if Pats make history?...Why would I celebrate? They aren't my team....would I root for Pats to lose as soon as possible?...Why would I do that? Do I want them to lose and not have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs? Yeah but....they manage to come to Pitt and beat us before so..
    If the Pats lose and don't break the record that's fine...would it be cool if they did it and I was alive to witness it...yeah that would be cool also. I could tell my Grandkids some day that I saw the best season ever but I can say that now too. I was old enough to recall the 72 Fins....now it would be really great if the Steelers did it next year though....lol

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What he said. Why would anyone besides Pats fans celebrate?

I've never had a problem with the Patriots, even after they beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. But I'm rooting against them now just because they are so good.