Would you take a chance on Tony Romo?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SportsChump, Mar 9, 2017.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Not long ago, back when Justin Beiber was (for some inexplicable reason) all the rage, I joked that by merely Tweeting his name, I’d pick up fifteen extra Twitter followers. For those very same, traffic-whoring reasons, I am once again about to give the people what they want.

I am about to write about Tony Romo.

Sound off at: http://sportschump.net/2017/03/09/25-million-question-take-chance-tony-romo/18738/

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

That's a creepy picture of Romo that you used there...

I broke up and went back with Tony Romo more times than with all my ex-girlfriends combined. At this point, there's nothing else to do but to wish him the best of luck. Do I want him to stay and back-up Dak for at least another year? Of course...but I also don't want my team to pay 25 million freakin' dollars to a backup QB.

I hope he goes to a team that gives him a chance to contend, and chase that elusive ring. I want him to prove the doubters and the haters wrong...even if he does it with another team.

3. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

If I was GM and though my line could keep the pocket clean... and had a rookie I planned to start eventually.. then yes I'd grab Romo.. otherwise, he has already proven he can't finish a season with that back.

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Looks like the two best options are still Denver and Houston.

I guess they're just working out all the particulars?

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just read none of those teams are willing to take Romo's contract on a trade. Looks like he'll be released, after all...

6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

It's a load, Teej.

I'm not surprised by that at all.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I'm surprised that they actually waited and tried to trade him. After the Texands dumped Osweiler to the Browns, I kind of expected them to go after him, but I guess they're just waiting for the release...