Would You Want Your Team Trading For Brandon Marshall ?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Jun 21, 2009.

?

Would you want your team to trade for Brandon Marshall

1. Yes

56.5%
  2. No

34.8%
  3. Im Ball In the Baskett, of course I would

8.7%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Based on this, here are a few place's I can see a gamble not being a potential backbreaker

-Giants. Dont have a true #1, but not lacking in young WR talent with Smith, Nicks, Barden, and Hixon. If Marshall heck's them over down the line, that talent should be developed enough

-Eagles. See NY. Already have a productive young WR, and drafted one in the first. They just lack a #1 right now. I dont see them having any interest

-NE. Do I even need to say

- Detroit. Why not when you win 0 games. You have Megatron, so you arent hurting for a #1, and you just drafted a QB. Wouldnt it be much easier for Stafford if he had those two to throw too.

- Pittsburg. Holmes is capable of being a #1. They also drafted Sweed last year and Wallace this year. So they are kinda in the same boat as NY and Philly

- Atlanta. They have White, so a gamble on Marshall isnt potentially backbreaking. Jenkins could kill in the slot with him, and is a serviceable starter if something happened. They also have Harry Douglass

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

houston would be disgusting....i think they should make a move for marshall and dorsey and be a force in the afc south lol. teams like minny, miami, and nyj all need him but they would be relying on him, when teams like the nfc east, pittsburgh, detroit, NE all have options at WR to fall back on so i agree with you for the most part, i just think someone needs to take a chance

3. Jihad Joe

Its all about money

He wants to get paid, and is gonna want anywhere form 20-30 million guaranteed.

Thats why I wouldnt touch him. He may miss 4 games this year. If he gets busted again after that, he will probably miss a year

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Jerruh has probably given it some thought.

5. K Train

no team will be willing to give a troubled player that much guaranteed, he can either play out his contract in denver or move on and try to make bank with incentives cause thats what hes looking at right now with his baggage

6. Jihad Joe

Broddus said Jones wants nothing to do with Marshall

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yeah I know why would he, when he's received so much criticism for the Williams deal.

But the thought probably passed through his head. Personally if we didn't have Roy Williams and more of a speedy/finesse WR core I'd say we should bring this guy in. Even still, if the donkeys weren't asking for much i'd still want him haha.

8. Jihad Joe

Part of me wants him too. The same part that wanted Pac Man

Those guys are like chicks that are hecked incredibly hot when they are working the stripper pole, but when they are done and they ask you if you want to hang out, you are out of the club and driving off before they even get off stage.

We already hecked that stripper, we've hecked a few of them.....some not so hot

9. K Train

some strippers are good, clean girls tryin to make a buck though, tryin to feed their kids...not all of them are coked up walking stds

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's a big gamble though dude.

11. Jihad Joe

This was not someone you want to get involved with. The Pac Man of this establishment. A freaking bombshell, but trouble

12. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

i went with yes. i think we are trying to win now with a bunch of ageing veterans (Kerney, Hasselbeck, W. Jones, Houshmanzadeh, Branch, Wahle) so adding someone who can produce immediately (if not suspended) will be worth the price of the off-the-field stuff.

plus, his run-after-catch ability would work wonders in the WCO.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Theres 2 ball in the basketts :icon_eek:

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He can help you win games and as long as he can stay out of trouble, yes.

15. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I hate to say it but yes if the situation is right I would say go for it. For Dallas that would mean that Hurd and/or was hurt and would not be able to play and that Stanback had not gotten any better. All this is also based on I would not give up more than a 5th round pick for him.

16. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

The problem is what good is all that tallent if he's constantly suspended. For the money this guy is going to demand it's not smart at all. Keep in mind even if he's not a me me me guy on the field, odds are he will still probably divide a locker room on a good team simply because players that want to win will not put up with a guys personal issues affecting the team. NO WAY WOULD I SIGN THIS KNUCKLEHEAD!!

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Marshall has a lot that's not going in his favor going into his contract year. He's got a crap load of baggage, the woman abuse crap, the McDonald's bag fiasco... He's got a hip injury, that for a WR, that could turn out to be serious...no one knows how he'll bounce back from that. He has yet to take the field. McDaniels' offense in isn't "#1 WR" friendly...they like to spread the ball around. Lastly, he's got Kyle Orton throwing to him, not Jay Cutler. It's not a given that Marshall will catch 100 balls this season. It's going to be tough for him to post "Brandon Marshall" numbers.

Marshall may not get paid what you might think he will in his next deal. He's going to want at least $10M in a signing bonus and may not get that.

He's got a lot of work to do to achieve a monster contract...

I wouldn't touch him for anything more than a #3.

18. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

yea i would take him dude is a top flight wr

19. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

we want to get smart, harrison type guys at wide out, not clumsly mcdonald bag slippers

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, all harrison does is shoot guys in the off-season :rolleyes: